Sum Cup Draw

Discussion in 'MLS: Youth & Development' started by thetank123, Jun 14, 2010.

1. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Guess I didn't take into account that half the starting lineup would be gone for national team callups. Silly me...

2. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    Damn! who knew FC Dallas academy was built with smoke and mirrors.

3. Emile

Emile Member

Oct 24, 2001
    dead in a ditch
    While I'm not sure this tournament is of any great importance, those second and third goals by Tamay Sanchez for Houston against New England were pretty wicked.

4. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    http://mlsinsiderblog.com/?tag=tamay-sanchez

Tamay Sanchez doesn't show up on either of Houston's Academy team rosters.

5. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's an Eric Sanchez on the U-16s. Could be a nickname or something.

6. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    @TigresFB Goleador de Tigres 3a Div, Alfonso Tamay, un torneo a Houston Dynamo U18 a prestamo...se estreno ayer con 3 goles contra New England..

look south

7. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Nah, as pwip posted it looks like he's a Tigres player.

8. CHI_TOWN_BALLA

Dec 24, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he could actually be from one of your satellite Dynamo camps/teams from another area, not necessarily Houston, or Texas for that matter. The Fire's goalscorer against the Earthquakes that helped us win the game, Kellen Gulley, actually isn't from our academy but rather from one of our Chicago Fire Junior teams. (I think he might be from Mississippi or something.) He's been a standout from our system so far, getting several national team callups to youth squads and scoring several goals for them.

But yea, he could be from one of your satellite teams in your system.

9. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, I looked on Tigres' U-20, U-17, and U-15 squads and couldn't find him. I'm sure he's with the club, but any info on the kid is not easy to find. He may have just joined the club since he's referred to as Alfonso Tamay, while he goes by Tamay Sanchez(via facebook). Maybe he was a guest player at the Dallas Cup with Tigres(actually Tigres Houston, I'm not sure it's worth looking up the roster list pwip ;) but who knows) and Houston saw him and brought him in, or he may have just joined them and hasn't moved to the club yet and Houston is trying to keep him here.

10. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    Can anyone confirm Kellen left the residency program ?

11. CHI_TOWN_BALLA

Dec 24, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kellen Gulley is a BEAST! Scored two more goals against the Rapids I think. Both of the bench, one of them unassisted and the other a PK.

12. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    I'm not sure I'm following you, exactly. Yes, on the Crew's pyramid Crew Juniors is below the academy, but doesn't the Crew's academy currently stop at U-18 level? While it might be true that a Crew Juniors U-16 team likely includes players who aren't good enough for the CSA U-16 team, I don't think you can make the blanket statement about Crew Juniors as it pertains to this Crew Juniors U-19 team. If the roster of the national championship site is correct, this team includes 13 of the Crew's 15 2009 CSA graduates, most of whom - 10, maybe? - are playing Division I soccer now with the others playing in lower divisions. I think there's a 2008 CSA graduate, too.

I do think this "change the nature" of the Crew Juniors U-19, but not where it looks to fall in the Crew youth development pyramid. Furthermore, if the Crew's Crew Juniors Gold fee site is correct, the Crew Juniors U-19 team doesn't have any fees; it might not really be "pay to play."

13. thetank123

thetank123 Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Guest players? You really think the Sounders need to resort to using guest players? Soccer is king in Seattle right now and the area produces talented players. No guest players, sorry.

14. Napoli 10

Napoli 10 New Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club: