Sultan: "Expect a new coach this week"

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by Sayf, Feb 12, 2009.

1. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    why you want more??thank gos they have arrange against a new team..i thiught it will be against syria or bahrain.
    one friendly is enough...,,,,do u want the players to be injured or be tired before the final showdown

2. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    No I dont. I was just asking

3. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    A breif info on the new coach of Saudi Arabia.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jose_Peseiro

I hope he plays a Neat Attacking Football by Saudi Arabia against Iran @ Tehran

José Vítor dos Santos Peseiro (born 4 April 1960 in Coruche, Portugal) is a football manager, who most notably served as an assistant for Carlos Queiroz during his Real Madrid tenure and as a manager for Sporting until his resignation in October 2005. For the 2007/08 season, he was at the helm of the Greek side Panathinaikos but after failing to win the Greek championship, he resigned.

In June 2008 he signed a three year contract with Romanian football club FC Rapid Bucureşti. On October 2, 2008 Rapid was knocked out from UEFA Cup by the German club Wolsburg and Peseiro was sacked and now is free. A graduate of the same managing course of José Mourinho, Peseiro's career as manager started earlier, in the 1992-93 season for a local club, União de Santarém. After two season there, two more followed in União de Montemor and three in Oriental until 1999, when he moved to CD Nacional.

In the Madeira Islands club he started to develop, winning the Portuguese Second Division, and two seasons later, finishing second in the Liga de Honra, climbing to the top division. Finishing eleventh and completing his job of securing the team in the top division, he was picked by Carlos Queiroz as his assistant in Real Madrid for the 2003-04 season. However, as things went badly for the Madrid side, Queiroz was given the sack and returned to his assistant position in Manchester United, and Peseiro was invited to Sporting Clube de Portugal.

Peseiro arrived at a time of change in Portuguese football, after Mourinho and the FC Porto team that dominated the league in the past two seasons was disbanded, and fans had high expectations for Peseiro, whom they hoped could help the team recapture the title. A poor season start (with three defeats and two draws until the 9th week) was followed by a poor rest of season, with a total of 61 points. However, the equally mediocre seasons of both Porto and champions S.L. Benfica allowed the team to fight for the leaage title until the penultimate matchday (Sporting was actually leading at the start of it), when Sporting lost to Benfica due to a last minute blunder by goalkeeper Ricardo. The UEFA Cup run, however, was much more positive - finishing third in the group stage, Sporting knocked out Feyenoord, Middlesbrough, Newcastle United, as a last-minute in overtime header by Miguel Garcia put Sporting ahead of AZ Alkmaar in the semi-finals, played at the Alkmaarder Hout. Motivated by the possibility of lifting the cup in their own ground, the Estádio José Alvalade, Sporting faced CSKA Moscow (who knocked out Benfica earlier in the competition and was on the FC Porto UEFA Champions League group stage). A goal by Rogério put the team ahead until the half time, but in the second half the Russian team turned the tide against Sporting, who shell-shocked after the first goal by Aleksei Berezutskiy and allowed a second by Yuri Zhirkov. In a dramatic turn of events, Rogério sent what looked a sure equalizer to the far post, and in the counter-attack Vágner Love closed the scoreline against an hopeless Ricardo.

The start of the 2005-06 season was little less of catastrophic, losing the Champions League qualification to Udinese, and then being knocked out of the UEFA Cup by Halmstads BK in the Alvalade XXI. While the league started well for Sporting, a first defeat against Nacional was followed by a suffered victory against Vitória FC, and after losing to Halmstads the team suffered a beating at the hands of recently promoted FC Paços de Ferreira. In 16 October, a 0-1 defeat against Académica de Coimbra sank Sporting into 7th place, and two days later, team president António Dias da Cunha accepted his resignation.

During his tenure with Sporting, Peseiro was frequently accused of not being able to combine "positive" football with positive results. He also earned the fame of being a poor motivator and having a loose grip on the changing room - Fábio Rochemback was once caught on camera telling him to "Go take it up the arse" after being subbed out, an episode repeated months later with Liédson. Rochemback was then transferred to Middlesbrough FC, where he appeared in the 2006 UEFA Cup final.

As of the 2008-2009 season, Peseiro was send to the stand 2 times for kicking the ball away and participating in a scandal that occurred between Rapid and CFR Cluj while in a derby on August 9 respectively.He resigned from Rapid on 12 January 2009.

4. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    you could have given the link only....why to write big story here.....you know write saudi is going to lose...so dont care about the coach tooo...

5. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    هههه شكلك تعرفني في الصدق والله مدري عنك تذكرني بواحد هلالي اعرفه زين

لكن انا ما صرت شبابي الا بعد المباراة هذي وكنت قبل اشجع الهلال بس وقت المباراة كنت ما اهتم للتشجيع بس اتابع الفرق والمنتخب

6. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    يله جاك الثاني

If Shamrani does suck they he wouldn't be a goal scorer from last season till now, he must be good, and an individual like Sayf or you can't judge him. I've never seen a player that lucky to score 30 goals in a season and a half in the Saudi league tournament only! Come on use your mind, their must be a better justification than luck.

7. ksa11

ksa11 New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    yea but he's only a club player

BTW guys, the new coach is offically in saudi arabia

[​IMG]

8. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Well lets hope he does something.

9. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    And when Shabab lose a final are you going to change clubs again :rolleyes:? I just don't understand changing your club because they lost a game. Kind of misses the point.

10. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    when will we expect a new FA management?!!

11. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    You would have to wait till sultan dies...Off course I dont want to happen..IM not an ass even if i hate him i wish him the best wiht his health

12. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    You're right.. everybody wants him to quit. I wish he do, but that's impossible.

13. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    To be honest there is no point in him resiging, chances are another monarch is going to take over and we are pretty much going to see the same thing

14. ksa11

ksa11 New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Damn, the new coach is earning $200000 dolars a month

and 200000 for every time we win a game from the qualifyings 0_0

we better qualify with this much money being spent

15. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    For some reason i feel better now because i think that kind of money is a good motivator for any coach.

Hoping for a good result with Iran. (I so wish Saudi Arabia wins against Iran in Iran.)

I know Hammad would call me being very optimistic. :)

16. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    No I just had no club during that final, and was impressed by Shabab's performance. And cheered them since.

17. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We all know that ain't gonna happen. :)

A draw in Iran is a realistic goal, and would keep our hopes alive, especially if Iran fail to win in Pyongyang. We need to bring back Mohammed Al-Deayea though. Walid Abdullah has shown he's too young for these games, and his form in the league is quite poor.

............Al-Deayea............
    Hawsawi..............Al-Marshadi
    ................Aziz.................

That's a pretty powerful defensive block, and they know exactly how to play with each other ... only 6 goals conceded in 20 games, 2 of which were pk's and 2 were free-kicks!

18. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    ask your fa to just select all hilal players in the squad.....

19. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    ya3ni 3ashan I said bring back Al-Deayea I want to make the whole NT Hilalis? You said yourself that 90% of Hilal's defensive strength is due to him.

20. Semsoon777

Semsoon777 Member

Nov 18, 2007
    6th October City, Egypt
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Come on guys, you know waleed abdullah isn't bad, he just needs some experience, and he must take his chances so that he can be of use later on. Also it's better when he's still young, we shouldn't use deayea because his days are numbered, instead we find a replacement, which is waleed abdullah. He is still young and improving, he has the qualities that qualify him to be one of the best.

21. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    On present conditions, daeya>>waled but waled should be playing now just for fture sake.

22. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That doesn't make any sense. If we don't take advantage of having such a great goalkeeper now, then when? This isn't the time to teach Walid Abdullah to be a good goalkeeper.

23. Semsoon777

Semsoon777 Member

Nov 18, 2007
    6th October City, Egypt
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Then tell me what will we do after deayea retires?

24. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We need a real leader with experience and character, who actually knows what he's doing. You all agree that he's a 100 times better than Walid yet you're only excuse for not brining him is his age! Who cares about his age if he's the best man for the job? I just don't understand this reasoning. :confused:

25. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Use another goalkeeper, duh.