Suggested Reading List

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by SparkeyG, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I didn't see that someone else mentioned that one. You need to track that one down, Mutts. To save you the trouble, here's what I wrote about 10 posts back:

"Manchester United Ruined My Life by Colin Shindler. WARNING: this seriously disses Man U fans, as he's a City supporter. Also, there's a lot of references to cricket. And it's also a great book about growing up Jewish in post war England, and damn funny. And his treatment of the Munich air disaster in 1958 will bring tears (of sadness) to your eyes, too. "

Similar to Hornby, though where Hornby angsts about masculinity and football obsession, Shindler angsts about being Jewish and obsessing about Football and cricket. Still a great book in spite of the cricket stuff.

2. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Fever Pitch has very little to do with soccer. It's a great book with a bunch of great soccer stories, but it's not a soccer book.

Sachin

3. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Are you referring to the author or the subjects? If the author, well, he's American. As for the subject matter - its clearly the best written investigation of the motivations behind football violence. At least I think so.

4. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Started this one today, so far so good.

5. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Sightlines

Or any of his other books for that matter. What could easily have been dull, trivial books for the groundhopping anorak have all been well written and well worth a read.

6. Real Ray

Real Ray Member

May 1, 2000
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States