Suggest RMA that employ this formation which consists of 3 defenders

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MlLoh398075, Jul 13, 2005.

1. MlLoh398075

MlLoh398075 New Member

Jul 7, 2005

Perhaps 3-4-3 formation can enhance the actual strength of midfield in order to produce more chance for strikers’ goals. I find last season midfield quite insufficient. See last season how RMA suffer in the midfield against strong opposition like Villarreal. That’s problem without a doubt. I hope such a history won’t repeat this season. I hear from some news that Juventus coach seems to use such a formation this season. Maybe RMA still need to sign two defenders (preferably open and free player) like Ferdinand, Ramos, and a younger great midfielder who won’t any protest to become Zidane’s sub like J.Cole( from rumours he’ll be a sub) or D.Pizarro( Inter Milan want to sign him). I wonder if P.Vieira can agree to be a sub. Actually it’s just my personal conjectures. I wish Mr. Perez could read such word.

With RMA current squad, my ideal first team action lineup looks like this:

--------------- Casillas -----------------
    -------------- Woodgate ---------------
    -------- Diogo --------------- Carlos -------
    --------------- Garcia -------------------
    Beckham ------------------------- Robinho
    ---------- Raul-------------Zidane--------
    ---------- Owen ---------- Ronaldo--------

It's only my own opinion. :eek:

2. forcamadrid

forcamadrid Member

May 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This formation would be a suicide. If you decide to play 3 defender than you have to have 3 good CD. Milan is planning to experiment such formation this coming season but they have three great CB in Nesta, Maldini, Stam, and Costakurta. If you keep just woodgate and two full backs such as Carlos and Diogo, any team would reap us apart.

3. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing that RM struggled against in the game against Villareal was a horrible job of refereeing. RM still won. And what happened to Salgado & Helguerra in your line-up? Why would any club want Viera for the substitute bench? And why would Perez need to read these thoughts? :confused:

4. MlLoh398075

MlLoh398075 New Member

Jul 7, 2005
    Actually I know that such a 3-4-3 formation should need 3 great CD (SW, LD and RD).
    However, Lux won’t let Carlos on the bench. He also will use “triple striker” formation this season. Certainly the present RMA team lacks of great CD. Perhaps I think RMA should buy two more great defenders like R.Ferdinand and Ramos Sergio with Woodgate to organize a powerful defence combination. I believe Ferdinand and Woodgate can work as a great CD pair as they also come from Leeds. I.Helguera becomes Woodgate’s substitute.

My personal suggestion for the defence lineup:

--------------- Ferdinand ------------------
    -------- Ramos ----------- Woodgate -------

Most RMA supporters will be unhappy with how the defence will be stranded too much. In fact P.Garcia also supports the defence. It’s not bad experiment absolutely to test new defend formation. Should such a lineup really be that awful of defence, it still can recover the original formation at the time. See last season how RMA lost to (0-2) Deportivo and Athletic Bilbao. I wonder if these four defenders or someone defender are responsible for those lost balls. Moreover, the total amount of lost balls (33) seem clearer compared with Chelsea(15).Obviously the midfield strength insufficient so that reducing one defender will increase the midfield in order to produce more chance for strikers’ goals. A younger great midfielder who won’t any protest is required to become Zidane’s sub. Vieira’s age is not young and he missed many matches last season due to his injury so that Arsenal wants to sell him to other clubs. I wonder if any clubs want him as a sub. I find it’s a waste of money to sign him unless he can reduce his salary. Definitely it’s impossible that Perez can read these words. I only make a wish. Sorry to misunderstanding you. Please give me some precious guidance should I’m mistaken.
    :)

5. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No offence, but I sense you are not fluent in English. Why do you think that your words would be so shocking to Perez? He is attacked in the media on many topics & I do not see anything shocking in your analysis. And why are you using that goofy color?

6. MlLoh398075

MlLoh398075 New Member

Jul 7, 2005
    I didn’t say that my words would be so shocking to Perez. Certainly I’m barely an unknown normal person. I’m not a famous person and soccer expert. How can I dare expect Perez can read such a laughable words? Perhaps many people find such a personal suggestion useless. Should I’m really mistaken for my influent English, please forgive my ignorance. Btw, I used such a goofy color for my words. There’s no any special meaning but only just a good-looking for the appearance.

7. Iberian

Iberian Member

Jun 10, 2004
    New Jersey, USA
    In an ideal world, I'd always play a 3-4-3, however it is very hard to come up with a team that plays well with it. Your team doesn't look like it would make it. First of all, you need strong CDs. Your LB and RB are not going to be needed to pass the midfield line often, and they should be more concerned about defending. In this, you take LBs and RBs that are better at defending and who can play CD. Roberto Carlos would be out of this equation.
    Something like:
    Ramos/Puyol - Woodgate/Samuel/Helguera - ??
    Ramos and Puyol are ideal for this, as they fit the description. The rest, well, I do not think that either of the CDs Real has can play by himself. Helguera can't, Samuel is slow and Woodgate we can't really know, can we. For Roberto Carlos, there is nothing I can think of. A Roberto that is constrained to his own field is just not the best thing you can do with him. I'd say Cole, who defends better.

The midfield....there is a very common tactical problem in today's soccer, which is that central mids do not like to play alone. Most teams play with two CMs (one DM, or 2 DMs, or 1 DM and one CM/AM, whatever). One to play by himself is the classical Argentinian "5", which even Argentinians don't have since Redondo. It has to be a very physical, fit player. It is hard to find one. Garcia is slow and not a very fit player. I'd try a younger Vieira or Davids, but you risk being overrun by the oponents, and Real Madrid has suffered enough from that lately in the midfield because of the lack of a DM. You can't just say "Garcia" and that's it. I'd rather make the 4 with two DMs thinking about the safety in the back (only 3 defenders) It's more like:
    Beckham - Garcia - Gravesen - Zidane? (Z. is not best here, another problem which I'd love to solve with Reyes). Robihno there is new to me.

Offense, 3 strikers, but not with a 2-2 you just made. Raul and Zidane sharing the position behind the strikers could very well bother each other (this also happens often, two AMs is unusual and usually not very effective). It should be:
    Raul/Zidane (this is where they both do better)
    Owen - Ronaldo (one pure striker and one with better mobility for support)

You never know what may or may not work, that's what the coach is for, but you should be very careful to leave only one DM to handle the whole midfield and only one CD behind him. Just a note.

Also, and this is just me, if I was making up a lineup for a chinese team I'd try to put chinese in it. Again, this is just me. :cool:

8. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is nothing wrong with having an opinion, unless you are a mental midget like BocaFan. :)

I don't believe Perez makes the decision about the tactical formations. That is the responsibility of the coach, Luxa.

I happen to prefer the way Luxa does it. The team plays with 4 defenders, and if you need a goal in the 2nd half, he pulls one defensive guy & brings in an offensive player.

9. 10_Ronaldinho_10

10_Ronaldinho_10 New Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Isla Macacos
    Why would you want to have 3 defender when we have an amazing left back and an amazing right back?

10. MlLoh398075

MlLoh398075 New Member

Jul 7, 2005
    The recent news reports that AC Milan coach will make use of such a triple defenders formation this season. Besides, Juventus coaches maybe consider to do so. Earlier I personally hope RMA should employ 3-4-3 formation which is the most offensive in my opinion, especially there is even 5 excellent strikers option in the team currently. I have confidence in their ability of scoring many goals points. I think the recent discussed sub role should be Salgado and Carlos who are getting older to play the second half compared with some excellent younger strikers who will be benched. Certainly it’s required to sign two more centre-backs like Ferdinand, Burdisso, F.Coloccini or Upson asap. I hope RMA can kindly use much money to buy two CD like the previous transfer fee for Robinho and Baptista. I personally prefer such an attitude so that I’ve supported RMA team for 17 years until now. (i.e only RMA club).

Based on the current squad, I personally prefer first team action lineup which should be like this:

--------------- Casillas -----------------
    ----------------- ??? ---------------------
    -------- ??? ------------ Woodgate -------
    (Mejia as sub) (Helguera)
    --------------- Garcia -------------------
    (Gravesen )
    Beckham ---------------------------------
    -----------------------------------Baptista
    ----------------- Zidane ------------------

Raul ----------------------------- Ronaldo
    (Robinho)
    ----------------- Owen --------------------

I expect want RMA to win the League and the Europe Champions even King Cup for this season. :rolleyes: ;) :p

11. Canterano#1

Canterano#1 New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Skelleftea,Sweden

How can you pick Woodgate instead of Helguera?
    I also think taht we have to get new CD but if you think that Woody is ready to go straight into la liga and perform then we would only need one more CD for the 3-4-3 !!!

Otherwise nice attack! We are going to rule Barca with an attack like that!

12. forcamadrid

forcamadrid Member

May 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good attack but very poor defense and no balance at all. how can you play only three CB (even if they are class) and just on DM in front of them. Then the rest of the squad is attacking. But this is not going to happen anyway.

but I agree that Helguera at this point is more reliable than Woody, and that we need one more CB, preferably someone who can backup Roberto Carlos also.

13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Like what many other people have said, there's no way that this formation would flourish in Madrid. There's no way Real will buy two defenders.... We are praying they get one!

Juve will try this formation this year, but look at who they have in defence and in central midfield... Canvaro, Thuram, and Zambrotta in defence; and Viera and Emerson in Centeral midfield. That is the only way you can apply the formation. Strong defence, and an even better centeral midfield!