SueB

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by bobarino, Jun 26, 2010.

1. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    For all you old hats that have been around awhile on this board, whatever happened to SueB? She was one of the best Mods for us.

2. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    She is only a part-time fan which I would rather distance myself to. She came back to say hi and gather attention and jumped off the bandwagon. She likes American sports now.

3. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks Squadra. She had an Italian husband and spoke la bella lingua fluently. For a Juvenista she was okay in my book. :) Sorry to hear that we lost her to the dark side.

4. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    And here I thought KQQL was Sueb...

5. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She seemed like much more of a fan than that...

6. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sounds to me like she comes around every 4 years... kind of like the World Cup. :rolleyes:

7. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    SueB was hardly a fairweather Azzurri fan. She followed Italian soccer passionately (iirc) through the 90s and into this past decade, and was for a very long time not only a respected moderator but a fantastic and knowledgeable poster on BS. Along with Cassano, Spartak, and a few others, I think she was among the very best posters on BS for Italian soccer. You would be very naive indeed to think of her as an occasional poster--you need only scroll through the vast archive of her past posts to see how much she contributed to this site.

Bobarino, Sue came on recently to say she'd be watching the World Cup, but that her attention had wandered in recent years from the site and from the Azzurri. Our loss. :(

8. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to comment on whatever is going on in her life, as I do not know, but leaving a forum is understandable. Abandoning your team seems crazy.

9. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Well, her team was Juventus.... ;)

10. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I can't imagine ever "losing interest" in the Azzurri or the sport in general. SueB was apparently just a fair weather fan whose interest peaked for a while and then burned out after the glory had passed. Probably she was madly in love with her Italy husband in 2006 and when that flame went out, so too did her mad love for the Azzurri, LOL.

11. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    While she was here she was, bar none, the best and most active poster on this forum. Why the need to talk her down?

12. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    agree