Sudamericano Sub-20 (Uruguay 2015) [r]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by locoxriver, Dec 11, 2014.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree with both you and loco for the most part, but i don't think its a bad thing that he scores on rebounds or that he seems to be in the right place at the right time, or that as the author of that article points out, has very good teammates. Many strikers have made great careers off of that. Its part of what you want from your #9

I'm still not sold on him, but I think that maybe its time he realized his limitations and focused more on being an out an out 9. He also needs to work on his finishing. For River at least, his story has been right place, right time, but ball in row z of the platea.

2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have no problems with goals like that, if its a goal from 1 feet from the net or if its running through defenders and the GK's and slotting it home. A goal is a goal. I just think it was a bit fortunate, as loco stated the competition was fairly weak, and he took advantage. I didn't catch a lot of the games, but I heard he missed his fair chances in front of goal as well. He could've had a lot more than 9. Plus, lets not forget some of the players he played against will likely be playing in amateur divisions. We will see how he develops in the next few years.

But as for the U20 World Cup itself, I think we have a good shot of winning it. I hope this doesn't go to their heads. There were many times we didn't win the qualifiers and went onto win the entire thing. They are a talented group, we should be one of the favorites to win it. I hope they go out and win it. And honestly, the 2011 side should've won, had they not chocked away the penals, I don't see why we wouldn't have won it. The 2013 didn't qualify, have a strong group of attackers as well(those who were not permitted to go), Dybala, Icardi are a part of that generation who were not permitted to play in the qualifiers.

3. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Meanwhile the U-17 started the tournament with lost 2 consecutive losses.