SUCK IT HARD Mia haters!

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by FearM9, Sep 17, 2003.

1. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
  2. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    Damn we have been waiting for this for a long time!!! I hope it's a piece that does her justice.
    Great timing too!

3. soccermonkey19

soccermonkey19 New Member

Nov 17, 2000
    Mississippi
    Oh wow. That was amazing. I can't believe she opened up that much. How could you hate her after reading that?

4. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    jezus i just finished reading it. what an amazing piece. slogged me over the head multiple times, such was its power.

5. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and thus continues the curse of the Sports Illustrated cover. 5 dollars says either MIA plays horribly or is injured during the cup just because of this article.

6. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    ARGH!!!!!!!

I totally forgot about the SI cover curse!!!!!!!

I don't know what's worse...that curse or the Madden game box cover curse (2003 - Michael Vick and I think last year it was Donovan McNabb).

Caca.

7. soccermonkey19

soccermonkey19 New Member

Nov 17, 2000
    Mississippi
    OMG! The SI curse is powerful stuff (ask Nomar who swears he will never,ever again grace the cover)!

Question: Does it still count if she didn't pose? That's just a game picture. Does that make a difference?

8. JayJay

JayJay Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Brew City
    Doesn't matter. The cover is he cover to the curse.

Damn.

9. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    She was already on the cover. 99 anyone? fast forward 2 years..... shoulder and knee surgery.

Bah! i for one think its crap. and if it aint... she already paid her dues to evil bastard SI curse.

Plus you know what? Mia is God's favorite soccer player.. as proven by the last two years.

She'll be fine.

10. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or maybe just the league she helped found shuts down the same date as the issue.

11. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    But that was the whole team AFTER the tourney was over. And I think the curse is suppose to strike BEFORE a season kicks off or a big event. Look at Landon...he appeared on the cover after the WC started...if he was on the cover before the tourney started then they probably wouldn't have made it out of their group.

12. GoDC

GoDC Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Hamilton, VA
    Yeah, now we should hate her mother. ;)