Sub-forum outline, posting rules and board guidelines

Discussion in 'France: National Teams' started by gaijin, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    * This forum is for any discussion related to the French National team (Les Bleus), the u21 team (Les Espoirs) and other international teams of France. Any other discussion that isn’t relevant to the National team then please make it in the main forum.

* The [R] is your friend. Use it. Don’t give away the results in match threads. With the upcoming WC in Germany certain games may be broadcast later or people may be taping the game to watch it later when they get home from work/college. Any thread titles or posts that break this golden rule, shall be moved, deleted or edited as seen fit. We all get a little excited sometimes, but don’t ruin the fun for people who haven’t seen the fun happen yet!

* Trolling/Racism/Abuse is strictly not allowed and shall be enforced stringently. National rivalries tend to bring out more trolls so if you feel the need to start some winding up in a bid to lure French posters into getting involved into petty squabbles, then do so elsewhere. You shall be given a warning about your conduct and then asked to leave if you carry on. And if you continue, then yellow cards and bans will be dealt out. This goes without saying.

* If in doubt as to what you can do; consult the TOS (terms of service)

* Posting links and discussing topics in French is perfectly allowed. Be aware that not everyone on the site can read French, so therefore be aware of this. Please, do not oth, write in French to insult anyone, with the sole and clear intention that they have no clue what you are saying.

* If you feel the need to report a post, then please use the report post function. Generally speaking I read most posts anyway so I will tend to spot the offending remarks. Please, can you not use the report post button to post stuff that you disagree with (to most people - this is self-explanatory and isn’t a problem)

* Despite this being a forum on BigSoccer, please be aware that the majority of people who post here are French and/or are Francophiles like myself. What may be seen as quite funny, provocative or challenging on one board may be seen as outright offensive on here. Please be aware of other people’s tastes and attitudes before you post. Normally this shouldn’t affect anyone, as we are all quite open and responsive to everyone who posts here. But please be aware that cultural distinctions do exist.

* This forum is currently operating under the guise of the NT being in the WC. If the forum gets good traffic then an extended period will probably be made for the ongoing future. Its up to you I guess to make sure it gets a good atmosphere as the main board gets.

* If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or anything else you want to ask, such as my favourite colour, how long my beard is and my differing musical tastes, then please don’t hesitate to PM myself, panic or Randy.

~ganu - da mod…

Allez Les Bleus! :cool:

[​IMG]

2. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Just to add, with the creation of the World Cup group forums, impartial and generalised threads will be more applicable there than here, and coincidentally, any specific threads relating to the French NT will be moved from there to here as seen fit...

If you want (fairly) unbiased commentary and discussion then go here;

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1059

NB: People who do post here, if you do not want to hear biased approach and commentary from and its posters about the French NT and its opponents, then go to the above board.

Thanks. :cool:

3. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    In a bid to ease the load off servers during the world cup, threads that exceed 400 posts or there abouts will be closed and if necessary a new one will be made in its place. Please don't get upset if a thread gets closed.

Merci d'avance. :)