Alert: Suazo desgarrado

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by JAIME CHILE, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    As others have all ready stated it comes down to Bielsa wanting players that can function in multiple roles. Before Suazo was playing as a center foward, Bielsa had him playing as a winger because Marcelo Salas was the striker.

In Bielsa's mind he can pull off anything as long as a player is multifunctional. This is why we see odd formations where Valdivia is filling in as center forward.

2. dxclaudio

dxclaudio Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

This is coming from a Valdivia fan:
    But, that doesn't mean they do a good job at it. Suazo sucked in that position. Not to mention Valdivia, who the two games I watched him play forward he looked LOST. Against mexico he kept moving backwards to pass to the center forward (you can see in his head him going like, oh shit I am the center forward). Let's be honest here some players can fill multiple roles, but center forward and center attacking mid field and sweeper have to be the hardest to fill. Mancilla is the best man for the job.

And Caturro, Mexican futbol (league wise) is clearly the third best in America. Look at the semi finals of the last 5 years of libertadores or sudamericana. It's shameful chile puts a good team (ala colo colo 2006-07, U 2009-10) and then the next year they suck because they've sold all their players. Instead of building something. Look at la U, I can't believe Libertadores isn't finished yet and Montillo is already leaving with Estrada.

3. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mancilla is very good, I do think he can come up big for Chile.

4. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Mancilla>>>>>>Chupete

5. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Fixed.

Paredes deserves the spot, and Mancilla in/for Chile didn't do anything extraordinary.

Fixed.

6. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    damn i was looking forward to seeing Chupete net those goals. that sucks. Chile will still make it out of group stage even without a dependable striker like Chupete, your NT is sick. You only need him against Spain. What you guys have up front is sufficient enough to defeat Honduras and the Suiza. good luck

7. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Mancilla is one of the better alternatives that we have. Bielsa should have taken 3 strikers within the 23 man roster from the get go. Once the World Cup starts it will be too late to replace Suazo, so here's hoping for a full recovery.

Against Mexico, the experiment with Valdivia clearly didn't work because a real striker was needed.

When Suazo was playing in the wings that was also a makeshift option since Alexis Sanchez was injured, but IMO Chupete still played with a lot of hustle, covered a lot of track, & played for a team that is almost completely different then the one we see now.

8. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    on paper, Mancilla > Paredes, on practice for National Team Paredes > Mancilla.

9. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Very true.;)

http://www.cooperativa.cl/medico-a-...uperacion/prontus_nots/2010-06-03/153349.html
    16:15
    Médico a cargo de Suazo explicó que cámara hiperbárica busca acortar plazo de recuperación

El encargado de realizar el trabajo del goleador indicó que el trabajo consiste en estimular los tejidos dañados.

Expresó que es difícil dar una fecha para su mejoría, aunque estimó que con este tratamiento podría ser en tres semanas.

El traumatólogo del Hospital de la FACh, Marcelo Sajuria, a cargo de la recuperación del delantero chileno Humberto Suazo en la cámara hiperbárica explicó que el uso de esta herramienta busca acortar los plazos en la mejoría del ariete.

"Es un tratamiento largo y consiste en someter a una presión doble al jugador, con más oxigeno, lo que estimula que lleguen a los tejidos dañados", dijo Sajuria en contacto con Al Aire Libre en Cooperativa.

El profesional expresó que no se tiene una fecha exacta de recuperación, puesto que la cámara se ha utilizado poco en Chile.

"Es difícil saber cuando esté listo, porque empezamos a usar estas cámaras hace poco en el hospital. El tipo de desgarro que tiene Suazo es de a cinco a seis semanas y con lo que se está haciendo podría ser en tres", concluyó Sajuria.
    -------------------------------

En Pirañavisión dijeron que en Nelspruit NO HAY cámara hiperbárica, y la más cercana está en Johannesburg.

CAGÓ SUAZO.:(

10. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    the decision to take Paredes over Mancilla, or to start him over the other, is Bielsa's to make and i support him 100%

in fact, i myself would probably prefer PAredes over Mancilla for most games against most rivals

the issue is not that. the issue is that you have two injured forwards who hadn't played in months...it was more than possible that one or both would not be fit for the WC or would not be at game level.

it is for that reason that Mancilla should have been in Pinto Duran since he was put on that 30 man roster.

now you're in a position in which you'd have to call him in as an emergency player, when you could have had him practicing, staying fit, mastering the system, and tuning up for the past two weeks. at that point if you decide to leave him at home its cool, but you had to keep your options open.

this is in addition to the fact that despite being on the 30 man list, Mancilla said he was ignorant as to whether he was in mind as an injury replacement or whatever. right now he's in mexico eating taco's and drinking beer.

11. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Suazo and?

If you're talking about Paredes, he was injured only during 2 weeks, he played 2 games for the NT last week, scored a good goal, and he's fit and training normally.

12. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    Paredes has been injured since before the cancelled 'doble jornada' agasint NKorea and Costa Rica...

then he reinjured himself in the friendly against Venezuela and while he has seen the pitch since, he has not played more than two games in a row since march. thats why colo colo saw so much of Bogado.

And yeah, my point was that while he seems to be progressing well and getting to fitness, when the 30 man list and even the 24 man list was made he was in a position in which he hadn't played in a while and was coming off of an injury --- just like Suazo

it just seems to me that there was a significant chance that at least one of these two would not be fit.

like a columnist said last week, "esta bien ser loco, pero no abuses"

13. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    chile, just cut chupete and hope mancilla says yes after what u did to him

14. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I hope you guys can pull it off.

15. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Hmmm, seems hard for Suazo to make it, he travelled to S. Africa without the proper equipment he has here in Chile to recover...aah what a headache.

16. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    so Suazo is officially cut and won't be able to play?

17. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Next post along these lines will be deleted.

Let that be your warning, troll.

Cheers!

18. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I think everyone is getting a bit too nervous...staff, journalist...and mainly the fans.

Hopefully everyone will cool down once we get that first win against Honduras.:cool:

19. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    All good till this bit...I think everyone knew Toselli was pretty much out of the fight once Figueroa relegated him to the bench. He was lacking competitive matches and his poor form in Toulon confirmed this...at any rate, I have always thought Toselli is overrated.

20. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    This.

21. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    If Suazo is still in the team after all of this my only explanation would be that Bielsa and his staff really think Chile can go deep in the tournament.

22. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    http://www.cooperativa.cl/humberto-...-pretoria/prontus_nots/2010-06-06/084129.html

Humberto Suazo seguirá su recuperación en una cámara hiperbárica ubicada en Pretoria

El delantero deberá desplazarse cuatro horas para seguir con su puesta a punto de cara al Mundial.

El equipo nacional entrenará desde este lunes en doble jornada en suelo africano.

El delantero nacional Humberto Suazo proseguirá en Sudáfrica su tratamiento de recuperación del desgarro que lo tiene en duda para los duelos de Chile en el Mundial 2010.

Se informó Al Aire Libre en Cooperativa, el goleador será tratado en una cámara hiperbárica que se encuentra en Pretoria, ciudad ubicada a cuatro horas de Nelspruit, el lugar de concentración que tendrá la selección chilena en suelo africano.

El largo traslado que deberá hacer el delantero es un tema de preocupación dentro del cuerpo técnico del seleccionado, y no se descarta conseguir la instalación de una cámara unipersonal dentro del complejo Ingwenyama.

23. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    que bueno, ojala ocurra un milagro y este bueno para contra Suiza.

24. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Suazo troto suavemente ayer antes que la Roja saliera hacia el aeropuerto, en el entrenamiento de la tarde. :eek::eek:

Como lo sospechaba, me parece que la lesion es menos grave que la que se hablaba y no descarto que el cuerpo tecnico haya echado el rumor para despistar rivales. Igual dudo que juegue el primer partido pero me parece que llega contra Suiza.

25. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Buena noticia.
    De todas formas los resultados de Chile creo que influirán en la decisión de apurar o no a Suazo.
    Si Chile gana a Honduras y Suiza, no habrá apuro en usarlo ante España.
    Pero si -ojalá que no- Chile no le gana a Honduras ni a Suiza, QUIZÁS juegue ante España.