Suarez must be suspended from all matches.

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014: General' started by rob88, Jun 24, 2014.

1. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    Their contempt of for everyone who has seen it is staggering.

The quote came from the Uruguayan FA and is verified in non-Enlish media. QED.

http://www.gp.se/sport/fotboll/1.2411593-uruguays-forsvar-bilden-ar-manipulerad-
    http://www.elmundo.es/deportes/2014/06/25/53aac7a8e2704e067a8b4579.html

Anyone who defends him is frankly pathetic.

jerrito, M and Dante repped this.
  2. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    [​IMG]

:ROFLMAO:

dapip repped this.
  3. lanman

Aug 30, 2002
    Who else has bitten someone on the pitch? We'll judge all cases the same.

Hang on, it's only one player who's done it - three times.

4. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    The news I've seen coming out of the AUF say that all they claimed in Suarez defense was lack of sufficient evidence, and provided a litany of samples of provocation and unsportsmanlike conduct from this game and others that NOBODY has talked about.

And what's pathetic is the hypocrisy of everyone attacking Suarez, and nobody else.

5. doritos93

doritos93 Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Montreal - Europe
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Someone should bite him, see how he likes it

dapip repped this.
  6. lanman

Aug 30, 2002
    Who bit an opponent (for the third time)? Players are provoked in every game, but they don't resort to this.

There is no-one to blame in this other than Suarez. There are absolutley no excuses for his behaviour, and he needs to be removed from the game until he can sort out the mental issues he clearly has. It's the sort of behaviour that would disappoint me if it came from a four year old child, never mind a professional footballer.

Pindakaas, jerrito and duality72 repped this.
  7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    “We don’t have any doubts that this has happened because it’s Suarez involved and secondly because Italy have been eliminated,” lawyer Alejandro Balbi told Uruguayan media.

“There’s a lot of pressure from England and Italy. There is a possibility that they ban him, because there are precedents, but we are convinced that it was an absolutely casual play, because if Chiellini can show a scratch on one shoulder, Suarez can show a bruised and an almost closed eye.

“If every player starts showing the injuries he suffers and they open inquiries for them everything will be way too complicated in the future.

“We’re going to use all the arguments possible so that Luis gets out in the best possible way.”

Then add in quotes Lugano made, and others, it's clear that Uruguay are in denial about it.

Who else bit someone at this WC? Who else has bitten THREE different players now?

When someone does that then we can attack them too.

8. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    How about you being hit by an elbow as many times as Suarez does on every game? See how you like it.

9. Hexa

Hexa Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    #84 Hexa, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    Wile I expect him to have a harsh ban and by harsh I mean 8 international games, which would be the biggest ban ever

I believe people are taking it out of proportion it was a violent act and an extremely unsporting behavior BUT that bite DID NOT put the Italian player career in jeopardy in any way or form

In past word cups we saw

Leonardo Elbow 1994 - 3 match ban (could have endanger the american player career)
    Zidane Headbutt - 3 match ban
    De Jong flying Kick - ? match ban (did he ever got suspended for that)

IMO If you look only at the bite, Leonardo elbow is much worse them Suarez bite, while Suarez bite is worse than Zizu headbutt.

Suarez is of corse a reincidente offender, which should mean he get the max penalty for Violent play and unsporting behavior

If you get a reincidente car thief you don't charge him with first degree murder, you charge him for his crime and give the max penalty for that charge

The fact he did it 3x already just mean you should shown't any clemency, give him the max ban for a SFP and unsporting behavior. All this talk of life ban are ridiculous IMO

OldScouseGit repped this.
  10. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Is Suarez unique in this repect?

guignol repped this.
  11. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Hmm I don't think so. Ramos was holding Leonardo on that play and actually got a yellow card for his troubles. That doesn't excuse Leonardo's response but, as you mention, Suarez is a repeat offender in the biting stakes.

12. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I can't believe I'm seeing a poster, even an Uruguayan poster, try to rationalize away the biting of other players.

Think of the health issues, if nothing else.

jerrito repped this.
  13. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Attack all you want, but do you seriously expect us to lay down and not call you on your hipocrisy? The whole world knows that what Balbi said about the motives of the controversy is right.
    Anyways, what else is new?
    Keep betting against us.

14. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    To me the most puzzling thing is why he resorts to bite... I mean, we see players being taunted, pushed, grabbed, kicked, etc and it is not unusual for somebody to lose it and insult, kick, punch, headbutt, elbow or pinch, but bitting somebody, furthermore grabbing the opponent to direct the arm or neck surrounding area astonishes me. Not only is it very obvious but you are putting your face ripe to be punched or elbowed and the damage you can cause is minor (unless he has rabies). Furthermore bitting is usually restricted to kindergardeners or to the squeaky kid who is running out of options. No clue why Suarez seems to find bitting appealing.

jerrito repped this.
  15. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Please explain this purported hypocrisy.

jerrito repped this.
  16. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said anything about that. My beef is with the hipocrisy.
    Your "concern" about the health issues is another example of it.

17. Hexa

Hexa Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    HE has issues for sure, he needs professional help

Looking at it though a cynic point of view, It might get under the other player skin (could provoque a reaction) if is stealth and fast (few second and no large obvious movement like an elbow)

18. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Already did. Im not trying to change anybody's mind. Dont really care what you think. Just calling attention to the bullsh1t. Im Uruguayan and we dont usually take bs lying down.

19. Hexa

Hexa Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    #94 Hexa, Jun 25, 2014
    There is a huge cultural difference here, People really get offended by that bite. It is very primal and wild and can you point to another incident like this in the history of the game and there is the fact that this is his third time!!

IF De Jong, Zidane or Leonardo did their offense 3x people would be asking for their heads also. There is some exaggeration but Suarez has only himself to blame. He won't play another game in this cup. He needs professional help

20. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    No, you did exactly that. You tried to rationalize Suarez' biting by saying he gets hit with elbows a lot.

As for "health issues", consider the tons of free sex opportunities that comes these players way. You don't think HIV could be an issue, especially with someone as unstable as Suarez? I certainly would not want to play against him, knowing that biting is part of his repertoire.

jerrito and dapip repped this.
  21. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    #96 guri, Jun 25, 2014
    No, I didnt rationalize anything.That was a response to a dumbass that said that Suarez should be bitten so he knows how it feels
    And about the rest of your crap, apparently you dont know Suarez. His problems are inside a football pitch. Outside of it he's always been a model citizen, a devoted family man, and I have never heard anything bad about him in the gossip columns(and you know how hard the english digged around looking for something) and certainly nothing but praise from all his teammates.

22. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Apparently the handball in 2010 was primal and wild also :rolleyes:

23. Hexa

Hexa Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    While the were wide reprimand I don't recall calls for life ban etc

Some people saw that as cheating which is cultural also. In Brazil that doesn't raise any eye brows, he was punished for his violation and that's that

Regarding biting it is a big no no in Europe and US. In the US Kindergarten kids gets suspended from school for biting...

In my son pre-school there was a kid that liked to bite other (including my son) he would never be suspending for something like that he grew out of that phase that's all, I even missed the meeting regarding bitting (I just checked if my kid use to bite anyone and since he didn't I saw no need to attend that)

24. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #99 argentine soccer fan, Jun 25, 2014
    Didn't Jermaine Defoe bite Javier Mascherano some years ago, in the EPL? And as I recall he was not punished at all. There have also been cases in rugby and ice hockey in which the player who bit another player was not punished. Hopefully this time it will be different.

There was also a case in the NBA, and in the radio they were talking about a case in baseball, I think not in MLB but in triple A. And of course, there's Mike Tyson.

25. Hexa

Hexa Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club: