Suarez must be suspended from all matches.

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014: General' started by rob88, Jun 24, 2014.

1. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    why are you rolling your eyes at me?

1 - Rodrigo Paiva is not a reporter nor was he making questions to the players. So YOU WERE WRONG on that.

2 - I already told that WHOEVER is guilty should be punished. Simple as that. I won´t cover his ass only because he is brazilian, like Uruguayans are doing with Luiz Suarez.

jerrito and superdave repped this.
  2. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  3. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Whatever.
    Main point here, is that he should have not been there in the first place, and least of all get involved in any fight concerning the players during a match, that was being played and still hadn't ended yet.

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  5. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    If we didn"t bring it out nobody in this forum would know about it(not that they want to).
    You were covering his and your country's ass.
    In contrast last week you were scouring Uruguayan newspapers looking for and bringing out "readers comments", for God's sake.
    Hypocrisy, anyone?

6. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To all of you Chileans, Argies, Brazilians, and Uruguays arguing about this...you're ALL pretty!

[​IMG]

Now, can we go back to talking about Luis Suarez? Did guri ever say whether he believes that Suarez lost his footing?

jerrito repped this.
  7. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    link?

9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    gotta admit that getting a product like this out this fast is an awesome achievement. so why isn't china in the world cup?

10. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #485 AcesHigh, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    you are a damn troll mate. You clearly pick quotes out of context. Answer my questions instead of posting stupid articles. The only reason you post them is because you know you are wrong.

Don´t be ridiculous. Just as I said, the referee was not killed in any LEAGUE. It was a god damn AMATEUR MATCH IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AMAZON. Like... pick your neighbours, to play a match against the neighbours from the other street, and invite the neighborhood to watch. Not in Santiago, but in some remote small backwards town of Chile!

And your toilet was thrown outside the stadium. Not in the pitch. Nor was the firework thrown in the pitch. Either you KNOW that and you could have answered my questions with words, or you are trolling, and knowing you are wrong, you expect other people reading the thread to think that just because you posted links, you are right.

and?

you are a mod, you should not fall for his trolling. I asked him a question. And I ANSWERED IT:

And that was answering an accusation he made regarding professional matches in the LIBERTADORES CUP.
    So since you fell for his trolling Guignol, tell me how a random violent act commited in the most amateur match as possible, in the most remote location as possible, has any relation to what happens in the Libertadores Cup? It has NO RELATION whatsoever.

11. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    your point is invalid unless you know the rules don´t allow him being there in the first place. Do you KNOW FOR SURE he should not been there?? The tunnel is NOT for players and coach only. There are tons of FIFA staff AND staff from the teams. As long as they have their IDs AND are authorized by FIFA, they can be there.

as I already said, IF Rodrigo Paiva should not be there, I EXPECT he will be punished.

let´s first see if there was really a fight, or a punch, who started, who punched, etc. FIFA will analize the footage. If Rodrigo Paiva is guilty, I EXPECT him to be punished and SHOULD be punished.

My main point here, is that I won´t protect him just because he is brazilian. Which is why YOU brought the issue on this thread, in the first place.

12. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    was gravity revoked? He will never admit. And worse, to prove my hipocrisy, he brought forward this case of CBF Communications Director Rodrigo Paiva fighting with a Chilean in the tunnel.

sincerely, I don´t really see where the hipocricy is, because I won´t defend Rodrigo Paiva if he is guilty! I just don´t know yet if he is guilty. Unfortunatelly, Rickdog jumped in the bandwagon and already sided with Guri, throwing accusations against brazilian soccer even if I never defended Rodrigo Paiva.

and even a moderator, Guignol, started siding with Guri and Rickdog, by buying the stuff Rickdog posts without even checking the facts first (Guignol said brazilian reporters would interview players on the fields, without telling us what league he was watching, and without checking out first if Rodrigo Paiva was really a reporter (which he clearly IS NOT) and later commenting ironically about the "referee" having his head cut, when again, that is completely REMOVED from anything related to professional football in the country, having happened in a totally amateur game in a remote amazonian village. The level of amateurishness of that game was so big that probably the teams were dividided between "wearing shirts" and "no shirts", and the referee would play ball with some of them.

13. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    aceinho, methinx he knows the quotes are out of context. and that the articles are stupid. it's not being wrong; it's being impish.

as for cutting of heads and putting them on sticks, i think that's done in rio and santiago. and used to be done in paris but sadly no more. the old ways were good ways.

if the toilet wasn't dropped from an upper tier onto opposing fans on a lower tier i'm disappointed. but if it was full of excrement, doused in gasoline and set alight before dropping, outstanding! get your case of beer for that one and double S&H green stamps!

fireworks not on the pitch? bad aim! well, at least they tried.

as for the other people reading the thread, i think they all realize it's all in good fun. and since i REALLY think you're a good guy, my advice in one word is: UNWINDULAX, and laugh with us instead of at us. since both chile and brazil are out, impishness is the best policy.

EDIT: brazil is not out of the competition. yet. but there's no harm in planning ahead!

jerrito repped this.
  14. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    sorry AH, i should have read this first to see just how angry you were. i definitely was not "siding" with anyone. and expecially not guri (that'll be the day :) ) the cornerkick interview i saw on YT; it wasn't a hoax and it was a big enough game to be televised. but maybe it was in argentina. or chile. y'all look alike yannow!

15. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i think they're talking about that on the equipment board. and it's not adidas that dropped suarez, it's the other way around. those boots are just no damn good.

16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i just saw a blurb about a luis suarez nipple pincher. sorry, photo nsfw.

17. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I can see a whole series of possible products out there that could capitalize on Suarez biting habits: envelope openers, paper hole punchers, pliers, "jaws of life" :inlove:, various saws, etc...

Pandore and jerrito repped this.
  18. Guevara

Guevara Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Aix-en-provence
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    So every single one of us from France should appear in public shouting from the roof tops to discipline Matuidi? Despite the fact that Matuidi's challenge, while extremely reckless (and I, like most french posters here, would not have been outraged at a red), constituted a regular part of the game.

At the end of the day, knowing full well many will disagree with me, this is how I see it: This is job. As such, you are expected to conduct yourself as a restrained professional (even in the context of a contact sport). I'm a teacher; if I were to have bitten a student, parent, or colleague not once, not twice, but three times, I would be fired, have my licenses revoked, face criminal charges, and be publicly shamed (and all of this would have probably happened after the first time.) Suarez is defended because... "there are other people that do worse?"... "its a contact sport?" Shameful.

If only Suarez could conduct himself more like Zidane after the headbutt. With a little bit of dignity and self-respect.

19. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    What's the matter? It's just a taste of your own medicine. Doesnt taste so good, does it?
    Come on, you can handle it... it'll do you good... heeeeeeere comes the little plaaaaane...

20. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    If I sided with him or not, that is my option to do so, if I think what he has posted holds water. And in this case, it's an ocean of water.

Brazilian fans almost always lose objectivity when it concerns one of their own, as @guri perfectly pointed it out to you.

As a brazilian fan, you also fell in it with your posterior posts discrediting everyone else to have their own opinions on the issue, calling them as trolls, when you don't like what you are told and practically explode in anger when someone like myself adds links to backup my claims (which for you are out of context, but they are there to backup what I say, while in your case you throw all kind of crap to others, with nothing to backup what you are claiming for. Sorry but if there is a troll here, you look at it whenever you look at a mirror).
    In Santiago of Chile, no referee has ever been subject to being cut his head off and being his head put on a stick. Now if you are refering to another Santiago, somewhere else, I don't know.

In Chile some referee's may have been beaten afterwards by mad fans or players (being a referee could be considered as a very hazardous profession almost every where in the world), but very few of those beatings, actually, end in deaths.
    :p

21. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Now that you mention this, it reminds me of an incident that happened in a WC qualifying match in the Maracana stadium, where everyone only focused on what happened in the pitch that day of September 1989, which was very shameful for those involved and whom received all sorts of punishment by FIFA, including a 5 year ban to the visiting FA team from all international competition.

[​IMG]

But the stadium did not even receive a warning by FIFA (in those days Joao Havelange of Brazil was its president) or by the brazilian FA, for the igniting flare that was thrown by the local fans, that landed very few meters away from where the goalkeeper of the oposing team was standing at. (If it would have landed directly on him, which didn't, it could have perfectly killed him).:cautious:

Out of context ?
    :rolleyes:

22. canis

canis Member

Jun 10, 2014
    La reina del Plata
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rick, unfortunately, to some extent, this things happen all over the globe.
    Remember this? A police dog biting Boca´s keeper in Chile.
    [​IMG]
    Or this one, in Turkey:
    [​IMG]

Argentina:
    [​IMG]

It´s just the nature of the fandom.

23. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    The fact that these things happen it is no excuse to allow them to be continued from happening again in the future.

For those qualifiers for the 1990 WC, Chile was banned from using any of its stadiums (not only our main stadium), due to the reactions our crowds had when Brazil played in Chile (where some oranges were thrown into the pitch), reasons why we had to play our match against Venezuela in Mendoza afterwards.
    While as I said before, the Maracana did not even receive a warning for throwing flares into the pitch.

Btw, in Navarro Montoya's bite by "Ron" (the name of the german shepherd who bit him), the goalkeeper had it coming to him, as he had first pushed the cop that was holding Ron. Ron only reacted protecting his master. Those cops were acting as shield between the players and the fans, which had invaded the pitch. Ron died the next year due to a heart attack (some folks say that he got infected by something, when he bit "el mono", :p). Every 22 of May, his tomb receives honors from fans of Colo-Colo, whom cellebrate his action of that day....

canis repped this.
  24. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    So can we talk about Suarez?

I think his punishment was way too exaggerated.

25. canis

canis Member

Jun 10, 2014
    La reina del Plata
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Suarez? Who´s Suarez?