Stupid, expensive stadium parking!

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by NJ Landon Fan, Aug 22, 2002.

1. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    by the way, there is a thread on the soda/pop/coke terminology in the free for all... it's called "the great debate"

go crazy on it there

2. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    he's not, maybe the group he has running the revs is, but he, personally, is not

3. NJ Landon Fan

NJ Landon Fan New Member

Jun 30, 2002
    (NJ)
    Bokie ...i know it's been $10 all season...and i'm aware they raised it for the madrid/roma game...can't anyone relax and take a joke? Everyone is always at each other's throats when we should all be here for loving soccer. It's sick. By the way, if someone calls Soda , Pop, then leave he/she alone! Gosh, to each her own!

4. NJ Landon Fan

NJ Landon Fan New Member

Jun 30, 2002
    (NJ)
    Bukie...sorry, not bokie..thought i'd fix that.

5. soccerdome

soccerdome New Member

Thank You!!!!!!! :)

6. NJ Landon Fan

NJ Landon Fan New Member

Jun 30, 2002
    (NJ)
    no problem, soccerdome. Maybe you can help me. On the side of everyone's messages...they have info like on their fave teams, location and stuff. How do i fix that on mine? is there even a way?

7. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Charging a lot for parking is a somewhat dishonest business practice. A way of charging less for the tickets so customers are unaware of what the event is going to actually cost.

Food costs. Why do Americanas feel we need to eat something every two hours??? Nothing to complain about there since anyone eating before the game should be able to survive 2+ hours without eating again.

8. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    No offense taken. I vent every chance I get at the ridiculous parking fees at the Meadowlands. The almost none existant mass transit alternatives to the facilty from NJ make the fee charged there almost a ransom. I recall one recent post from someone in Hoboken who has to go into the city to get a bus to the stadium for a trip that shouldn't take more than 20 minutes directly from Hoboken. I guess as long as people keep paying it they will keep charging it.

9. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    look at the top of the screen...click on the "user cp" button, on the right hand side, below the ads.

go to "edit profile"

10. This is not true. I just came back from Newfounland and at the gas station I paid for "pop."

11. NJ Landon Fan

NJ Landon Fan New Member

Jun 30, 2002
    (NJ)
    thanks, Kebzach !

12. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In Dallas it's $5 and parking is FREE for season ticket holders in a reserved and closer parking lot.

Not sure who gets the revenue - doubt its MLS.

Did I mention we have no state income tax and hot girls who wear skin tight tank tops.

I just spent 4 days in NJ at a wedding and the public at large up there are generally not good looking folks.

13. NJ Landon Fan

NJ Landon Fan New Member

Jun 30, 2002
    (NJ)
    I don't know what part of NJ you were in, but we're beatiful here - now that the 80s are long gone. Congrats on having women in your state wearing tank tops...what a break through!

14. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    In Utah we want all people to understand us no matter where they are from so we call it Sodapop. Or if one needs to be more specific you could just call it a Coke, or a Pepsi, or a Sprite. As for the parking drama, do they have lots alittle further away from the stadium where they offer parking for maybe half as much and you would just have to walk alittle further?

15. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    I know from State College, Pa.-West in Pa., they call it pop...damn farmers!! (anyone who live between the NYC metro area and La is a farmer!!!)