Stupid Cup of Nations! [R]

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by thedashlaw, Jan 25, 2008.

1. thedashlaw

thedashlaw Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Chicago
    mere moments after watching a brilliant move in the box from our rock Kolo Toure and an equally glorious feed to his brother Yaya for Ivory Coast's second goal against Benin...
    he's stretchered off with what appears to be a groin injury.

f*ck.

2. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Re: Stupid Cup of Nations!

Yup just saw that Feck Feck Feck Feck!!! I hope he's fine. On a brighter note, he dribbled the entire defense for that second goal.

3. jokiemastah

jokiemastah New Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Will Wenger have to buy a centerback now?

4. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Pray to whatever or whoever you believe in that Kolo is ok. I normally don't make doom and gloom predictions but I really can't see us winning the league if he goes down for an extended period.

5. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL

he'll be fine, and Arsenal will be fine. if he's out for a short period of time it is fine since he's already not playing for Arsenal right now anyways.

there should be an [R] in the thread title as well

6. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The hope would be that it's just bad enough to crock him for the rest of the ACN, so he can come back, get well, and be ready about the same time that he would have been back anyway. Fingers crossed!

7. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

You have just ruined the injury surprise for anyone wanting to watch the game later.

8. thedashlaw

thedashlaw Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Chicago

sorry...i didn't know of any protocols and lettering.
    what's the [R] stand for?
    Real-time accounts of things going on in the world?

9. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL

[R] stands for results.

it is to warn people that results are going to be talked about in a thread, in case they are waiting until later to watch the match!

10. Skizz

Skizz Guest

For ******** sake, why no ********ing [R] I haven't watched this match yet :mad: :mad: :mad: ******** sake.

11. thedashlaw

thedashlaw Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Chicago
    yikes. y'all get testy about this kind of stuff.
    i mean, i get it...
    but you're getting pissed about Ivory Coast-Benin. you didn't think a "second goal" would happen???

and i think the fact that Toure is injured is something everyone needs to know about IMMEDIATELY.

the rest of our campaign deeply depends on HIM, not so much whether or not Benin and Ivory Coast played to a nil-nil draw.

12. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL

i abide by the rule that if i'm waiting to watch a match i stay the hell away from the internet

13. bostonf4lyf

bostonf4lyf Member

Mar 18, 2006
    wmass

just our luck. we shouldnt make any assumptions before everything is revealed, though.

i bet wenger is anxious to find out more too...

14. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Mate, you're out of your depth, shut up. The rules of BigSoccer state that if you're going to discuss something that happened in a match you put an [R] so people know results are going to be discussed. I was going to watch this match later, no point now because you can't read the rules and put an R in the title. Thanks.

Whether or not everyone needs to know IMMEDIATELY is not the issue. You could have put this thread up and put an [R] at the end of the title. It's not exactly difficult.

15. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

A policy that has always served me well. But still, putting an [R] in the thread title isn't exactly difficult.

16. thedashlaw

thedashlaw Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Chicago
    bigSKIZZZ...you should really just change your name to bigINTERNETTOUGHGUY cuz it seems like all you ever do is yell at people (via the internet, mind you) for not doing things the way you like it on your precious little webpage that you take far too seriously.

chill the f*ck out with your "I was going to watch this match later, no point now because you can't read the rules and put an R in the title. Thanks." bullsh*t because that's just stupid. i mean, really??? i've ruined your viewing pleasures of a f*cking African Cup of Nations match (that was never going to be close in the first place) by mentioning that Kolo Toure was injured during said match???? seriously????? if it was such a big deal to you to see this amazing display of football, MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T BE TROLLING AROUND THE INTERNET ON A FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD ALL DAY, LET ALONE SPECIFICALLY WITHIN A SUBJECT THAT'S CLEARLY TITLED THE NAME OF THE TOURNAMENT WHO'S MATCH YOU'RE SO PATIENTLY WAITING TO WITNESS.

sorry i missed the f*cking "rules" of your hallowed message board society. all of your digital walls are crumbling! perhaps in your response you'll "flame" me with some more well-placed smilies. maybe you'll call me a "stupid newb" or maybe i'll get "banned" for going against the guy with ten thousand posts to his credit. oh no! "out of [my] depths"? that's fine...i don't ever want to spend so much time here that i reach 10% of your vast post totals.

to sum up...
    -i previously apologized for not knowing about the [R] in subjects.
    -Ivory Coast 4, Benin 1. SPOILER!!!
    -Kolo Toure injury could cost Arsenal down the road.
    -bigJERKSTORE, go f*ck yourself.

17. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geez, Dash, don't be such a sensitive little bitch. Just put an [R] after the thread next time and everything is cool.

18. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL

dude, relax, seriously.

you broke the rules. doesn't matter if it is San Marino v Andorra in a friendly, you aren' t supposed to give away results in a thread that has no [R] in it. now you know, so no worries.

and you really don't have to resort to personal name calling. Skizz didn't do that

19. bostonf4lyf

bostonf4lyf Member

Mar 18, 2006
    wmass
    take offense much...

thanks for the laugh:D

20. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Bye then.

Can't help but laugh at the effort you went to in your post (bigINTERNETTOUGHGUY, wow how long did it take you to come up with that), must have taken like three hours for you to write that out in between wiping the tears from your eyes :D

21. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    lol i see both your points

no need for the tirade dash! chill out!

22. wwnyc

wwnyc Member

Sep 5, 2004
    so what's up with toure's groin? any news?

23. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If Walcott had ball control maybe there wouldn't be so much bruva on bruva violence. We haven't had some good news for a while, and if we don't get some soon it could be a bloodbath.

R-E-S-T-E-C-P
    [​IMG]

24. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Oh yeah? Well the jerk store called, they're running out of you!

25. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    That is an early contender for post of the year. :D