Stupid comments or phrases said by announcers

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by DNA, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    They should get, uh, I think his name is Jorge Ramos. He used to be on Telemundo before Cantor and Longo joined. He does radio broadcasts, I think. I'd listen to him.

2. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Here's some piece from a Norberto Longo story I found online regarding Spanish broadcasters. I like what he says about Mayorga :D

"The Longo aftermath of Spanish-language soccer commentators isn't very promising. Colombian Ricardo Mayorga (Univision) is knowledgeable but hyper-fluent: He needs to shut up on dangerous plays way before new plays come up, so that his color narrator (responsible for the worst GOAAAAAL pig snort you'll ever hear) doesn't have to interrupt him so much. Then there are Radio Unica's commentators, the only real competition Cantor has. Jorge Ramos is the backbone, an excellent voice (though derivative of South Americans like Uruguayan Víctor Hugo Morales, perhaps the best ever). Fellow Uruguayan legend Alvaro Riet loves to fight with listeners, and Mexican Samuel Jacobo is so bad he's original, having created an awkward new style that allows him to actually stand up on-air to his condescending Argentine or Uruguayan colleagues. But his player knowledge is limited. Colombia's Hammer Londoño is neat, educated, subtle, and dead boring. And Argentine Hernán Pereyra knows fútbol but has lousy timing and rhythm."

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/issues/2003-05-15/news/metro2.html

3. changoguapo

changoguapo New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Bakersfield, Cali.
    I never really thought of Mayorga being annoying, mainly "La Torre de Jalisco." But I tolerated both until Copa America during the opening ceremonies when they kept commenting on how great the ceremony's music was and yet never shut up to allow people to hear that music. That is when I first started to notice both as annoying.
    I guess before i paid too much attention to the game and less on the comments.

4. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    His comments about "El Show de Hugo Sanchez" just piss me off. :mad:

5. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    good find southfly

i have a problem with what the author said with respect to longo not recieving rememberance

maybe, just maybe he wasnt as popular as the networks made him out to be. There are just too many differences and the language is the only common factor we have with other hispanics and that is still questionable.

Ive watch games before at bars and taquerias, and I have never met a Mexican that appreciated Longo or his savy knowledge of the MFL (lack there of).

Every one has different taste but my 2 biggest problems is 1) i cant stand watching a Mexican league match and hear a foreign accent and speak like he knows the league its history its idiosyncrasies, etc. Did you hear Mayorga say, "como dicen en Mexico, no lo pela". He said that during one of the semifinal matches when the ref wasnt paying attention to a player... i was like, "motherfvcker, you dont need to remind me what phrases we use and you using one or 2 still doesnt make you knowledgable. and 2) hearing foreign commentors that constantly belittle the Mexican player and coach.

the only "Mexican" that actually thinks Mayorga is some shakespearian commentator is the psuedo Mexican-- efren. I recall he used the term, cantinflesque... PLEASSSSSSSEE my 7th hair on my left testicle has more personality than Mayorga

6. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    agreed :D

7. MurderCityDevil

MurderCityDevil New Member

Jul 2, 2002
    Arizona/SLRC
    The Lack of talent...

Cantor is about two million times better than La Torre de Jalisco as a narrator, that's a given. Blanco from telemundo, the analysis dude, is horrible. Mayorga is pretty horrible too.

I don't really care if they know who won the mexican league in 1975 though. As long as they can bring insight into the game right then and there, as in, what tactical maneuvers are possible etc... that's great. That's their function anyway to the people watching on TV who might not know the game as well. Regardless, given the influx of south american players, it might not be that bad to have a sudaca along.

Although, I would in fact prefer Mexicans. That's why everytime a game is on Galavision adn they have the original narration from Televisa reminds me of my days watching Canal 38 back in Mexico. From televisa, I must say I prefer Bermudez as a narrator (he sucks at the actual analysis and is kinda of a clown, but he makes games more exciting than they may actually be). For analysis I love Trellez, Dosal and Basaguren (He seems pretty nervous when on camera which makes him interesting).

8. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Re: The Lack of talent...

Basaguren is a freakin nutjob. The guy is the worst analyst in the mexican tv. He is awful. Godawful.

9. MurderCityDevil

MurderCityDevil New Member

Jul 2, 2002
    Arizona/SLRC
    Yeah maybe you are right. He's funny though.

10. diabouloussataneus

diabouloussataneus New Member

Apr 7, 2004
    Re: The Lack of talent...

schwartz did play by play in some games at the of the season that probably will be the future for the games in galavision.

11. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    the funny ones are when they see some wierd looking ass people and start making fun of them. Or when the see a fine girl and say "you quiero hecharle goles".

12. +Chivas USA ROCKS!!+

Dec 13, 2004

The one that should be fired is Pablo Ramirez, he has no brains, I can't stand him!!

13. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  14. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
  15. Makaveli 13

Makaveli 13 New Member

Jul 23, 2004
  16. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
    Ramirez doesn't even talk about the game, he's always talking about novelas or food or useless stats. I also heard when Mayorga was saying that hugo never did anything for Mexico and that he wasnt that great. We should create a petition or mass email univision.

17. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
    Man I hate how la torre de jalisco says Scocco!

18. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Templológico
    Did you guys noticed that at the end of the America-Pumas game, Bracamontes was arguing with Ramirez about who had the most 'llegadas'?

Ramirez:Me estas diciendo que Pumas ha generado mas llegadas?
    Bracamontes: Si Pablo, uno tiene 5 y el otro 4
    Ramirez:..........................

19. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't think Ramirez could ever top the Simao SABROSA

from the World Cup.

20. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's going to suck going back to the states and having to hear those jerks.

21. ...KING...

...KING... New Member

Mar 27, 2006
    "vas que te quedo jabon" ,a stupid comentator from assteca!!
    i hate that phrase he uses it each game!!

22. Necaxista

Necaxista New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Cuernavaca
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    Nat'l Team:
    Namibia
    that is david medrano, stupid ass phrase but it's original I guess.
    You guys cry about your commentators but ours our pathetic as well. It's a pain in the ass listening to the "invitados especiales" like borja in the america game, who bring nothing to the table.

23. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I thought it was preety cool. But I do agree that the commentary looks kind of plain without Orbananos.

24. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's "voy que te quedo jabon". Either way, it's annoying. He busted the phrase out in an America-Pachuca game a couple of tournaments ago, the one when they played in Pachuca and tied 0-0. It was the 2 game of that tournament, he used it once and didn't use it again the rest of the tournament. Don't know why he decided to start saying it again. Tambien me irrita cuando Martinoli dice, "toma chango tu banana." Haven't heard him say it in a while, maybe someone told him to stop saying it.

25. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    esto es lo peor que he escuchado en mi vida:mad: