Stupid advertisements?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by ChelseaForTheCup(s), Oct 8, 2008.

1. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wanted to click on a link and I had to refresh the page twice until the ad at the top of the page wasn't for Circuit City.

2. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Just got redirected to Circuitcity.com. Seriously? Still?

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  4. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Circuit City filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy this morning.

5. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Good.

6. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    My WAP died a horrible death yesterday, and I needed to get a new one. Guess which store did I NOT get it from? :cool:

I didn't know I had such powers :p

7. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    You guys are funny.

I got the ad this morning. Not funny.

8. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I just got an ad box that came out from the left side of the screen. Transparent blue but can't remember the company and I closed it rather quickly because it's like a reflex for me now.

From the top, the bottom and now the sides?

What gives?

You may be working on it but quite frankly and I'm sure I'm not alone, it seems you are doing the opposite and giving everyone else the green light to do the same.

Hope the money is that good.

9. Hector_Huerta

Hector_Huerta Member

May 2, 2007
    Espn
    so much for Change :rolleyes:

Still getting the adds. They are becoming a nuisance

I will straight with Loser Circuit City being the main culprit

10. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, I was thinking...does CC's bankruptcy affect the advert being removed? To me, it makes sense if they were stalling knowing that their bankruptcy was coming, and waiting to use the bankruptcy to prevent any advertising agreements/contracts from being broken.

11. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I don't appreciate the insinuation. I am at the mercy of a third party that is not responding as quickly as I would like. And twice now they have told me it's removed only to have it reappear.

12. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Oh really! I suppose you expect us to believe that!! :p

Oh wait...I just got my 16th "LAST" complimentary copy of a local prestigious magazine and If I don't hurry...I'm gonna lose out. :eek:

Oh dear......

13. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Judging by the last response after yours, I'm just one of a few to say what I'm actually thinking.

See, it's no longer an it problem but a them problem.

Btw, that add popping up from the sides showed up again. It's a safecount add.

Why you don't just take back your hijacked site is truly beyond me.

So if you are offended by my insinuation, just know I am but one of many that feels the same.

14. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    So how's about you stop doing business with that third party and start doing business with one that cares a little more about its clients and their clients in turn? This is really turning into a drawn-out problem that makes the site unusable at times.

15. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    If anyone gets another please grab a screenshot. It will help.

16. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huss, let me put this another way, inferred by NachoNation. I have not had a problem with either advert, even though I have seen the Circuit City advert several times. But others have. As in the past, you have told us what you are doing, and what you plan. In the past, you have said that you are dealing with a third party and that when you contact them, they repond to your request. But now it seems things are different.

Perhaps there is an oversight on their side. Perhaps they are being stupid. Perhaps they are being sneaky. But, but they are not doing you any favor. And it makes it is making me think twice about re-upping my membership. It makes me wonder how effective you would treat me as a paying member. And this is considering that you have personally done good things for me - and that is something I have respect for and a memory of. But the length that it has taken your third party to deal with these ads makes me wonder why you do not get a new vender.

Just wondering...

17. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw Circuit City again while my wife, Serra, was logged on. Having no idea how to take screen shots, I did not do so.

18. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Alt + Pnt Scn.

Then Ctrl + V to paste the image.

19. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Tried that, did not work....

Any other way?

20. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    You can't paste directly into the text box if that's what you're trying to do. Dump it into a programme like Paint, save it down, then upload it to a hosting website like Imageshack. Then use the IMG tags to post it.

21. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Ok, we're having some luck tracking it down. A bunch were pulled and hopefully today we'll get the rest. Also have this from our ad manager:

These surveys are a necessary evil of running the larger brand campaigns. Companies like AT&T, Secret Deodorant and Ford need to be able to quantify the impact their ads are having on consumers not only on a revenue earned or leads generated basis, but on a brand awareness basis as well. These brand studies help us prove back to these advertisers that the dollars they spend advertising on our network are valuable and result in a high return on their investment with us by increasing their brand’s awareness in the minds of our network’s users and consumers.

The survey creative will only run up to the point when they have recruited enough responses and then they will be removed from the network. We work closely with the survey provider to receive periodic and often updates on the response rate so we do not run the creatives a day beyond what is necessary.

22. muskiesrock35

muskiesrock35 Member

Nov 28, 2001
    Cincinnati
    Here's a screenshot of one I just got.

[​IMG][​IMG]

23. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo
    Wow.That must be really annoying.I'm lucky I don't get any of those...

24. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Ditto this one for me last night and this morning.

25. muskiesrock35

muskiesrock35 Member

Nov 28, 2001
    Cincinnati
    Just got this one. aren't I lucky :D

I caught it at the tail end, but it started with confetti falling and then the picture moving around the screen

[​IMG][​IMG]