Stunning Portugal [Not football related] [bandwidth intensive]

Discussion in 'Portugal: NSR' started by ferreirajl, Apr 1, 2005.

1. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ugh, don't you just HATE when that happens?:rolleyes:

Be minding your own business and then some moron screams "O pa queira Jogar?" Then just so you don't seem rude you play:D

2. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    lol....How can you resist!

3. Cilindro

Cilindro New Member

May 24, 2002
    The beachs of Algarve and Alentejo are the best in Portugal (and the best in Europe). A couple of years ago I travelled to the Alentejo coast and I saw amazing beachs (mostly unknown and deserted, and that´s part of their beauty), beachs that make those good beachs seem vulgar. To see the best Portuguese beachs the best plan is to go by car and without plan and travel along the Alentejo coastline (the further the south the better). In the north we also have good beachs, but they are crowded and the water is very cold.

4. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Look and Freis agree on something.

P.S: The wate was so hot in Monte Gordo this past summer. It was rediculous...

5. Cilindro

Cilindro New Member

May 24, 2002
    The water temperature in the north and in the south is very different. In the south the temperature is usually great all year long, in the north is unbearable during most of the year (even in July and August is cold).

6. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Never been in the water in the North. In 2000 I think it was, the water in Monte Gordo was freezing.....Like, you couldnt stay in it for more then5 minutes. The instant your balls touched the water they shot up into your stomach. It was louco, but I never remember it being like that again.

7. Cilindro

Cilindro New Member

May 24, 2002
    In the summer??? If you felt that way in southern Portugal during the summer don´t go to the water in a northern beach (in any time of the year) or you will die.

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It was only that one time we remembered it being cold like that. It was absurd, everyone was trying to figure out why it was so cold.

Fries, do you have any photos of some beachs in the North?

9. Cilindro

Cilindro New Member

May 24, 2002
    Unfortunatly no. I live in front of the beach here in Porto, but our beachs are ugly, polluted and with freezing water. The best beach in the north that I know (I don´t know many) is praia da Mariana, near Viana do Castelo. Nice in the summer, beautiful northern Portuguese and Galician girls, but the water...

10. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ahh the beaches in Viana do Costelo can't get more north then that. My whole life every time I've gone to those beaches it was windy, damp and cold (July and August) But in June 2004 went one day and it was fantastic (the water was still "cold" but as Forca Sporting, TO Devils, and Portista69 would tell you it takes alot for me to be cold) a week later went there and good god that wind was strong and frio.

Povoa has some great beaches with warmer water (Not like Algarve, not like I've ever been there though:( )

11. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Gooddead you've never been to Algarve?!