Students in Boston

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by futbol2ot, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Fire organized buses from downtown to Naperville for their games. I'm not sure if that was done because they knew they'd return to SF or not. It would be great to get city kids with no cars to Foxboro. I'd surely go from BC.

2. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    The 4 closest commuter rail stops are Walpole and Norfolk on the Franklin line, and Sharon and Mansfield on the Attleboro line. Theres always a train back in from any of these stops on the weekend, more times on Sunday nights than Saturday nights (check out www.mbta.com for all the details). I'm gonna go ahead and guess that Norfolk would be closest to the stadium, followed by Walpole, then Mansfield and Sharon following behind at about equal distance.

I don't think I've mentioned this here before, but I'm thinking about possibly helping people out next season. My permanent home is in Foxboro, and my family owns a mini van that can hold 7 including driver, maybe a couple more if you feel like getting squished. :)

I usually go home for the whole weekend if there's a Revs game so I can't exactly have strangers staying over my house, but I was thinking that maybe if some of you wanted to try to get to a game, I could pick a bunch up at one of the stations, and we could go to the stadium from there for some some good ol pre-game cooking and fun stuff like that. I guess the added benefit for me would be that we would all split parking costs, which would be nothing really if we had a full van.

Let me know if anyone has interest in this, possibly even for the playoffs. My friend also has a station wagon that could hold quite a few people if he wants to help out.

And there you have it, my solution to "where have all the fans gone" ;)