stud pressure

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Michel, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Michel

Michel New Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Holland
    I'm wearing World Cups for just over a week now and i'm starting to get blisters on my feet due to stud pressure. What can I do to relieve this?

I've never worn exchangable studs before. Maybe I've just have to get used to it..?!?

2. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Make sure you're only wearing them in appropriate situations.

Replaceable stud boots should only be worn on fields that are exquisitely manicured (read: professional, high-level collegiate, etc.) or wet and sloppy (read: four days of rain and standing puddles).

The studs in the WC's (and most other replaceables) are longer than their counterparts. When standing on the field, the stud should completely penetrate the ground.

Wearing the boots on fields that are too firm can cause many problems. You've already found one - blisters. You may also wind up breaking an individual stud, or even the outsole plate on the shoe.

3. Michel

Michel New Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Holland
    OK, but how about a different insole. Do many of you replace the standard insole for a better one..???

4. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Rousch did a great job of explaining your potential problems...

No, however with World Cups, the insole isn't removeable, so i suggest you keep the one you currently have. But if it bothers you i'm sure you could rip it out. It's quite important to wear the appropriate shoes for the occasion, i'm not sure if you can get by (getting rid of your blisters) by getting a new insole.

5. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, World Cups are great boots but just not very practical unless you're playing on incredible fields all the time or in a rainforest.

6. Michel

Michel New Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Holland
    When I ripped out the insoles last week to put my new insoles in I saw what probably caused my blisters. One of the "stud-holes" hasn't been put in deep enough in the factory (not the stud itself, but the thing where to put the stud in). It was about 1 mm above the inner sole!!

I took them back to the shop and they "fixed" it using a hammer... It seems to be better now, but I haven't tried them yet.

Anyone else has had something like this before..???

7. Ben16

Ben16 New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Georgia
    I have a friend with the brasilia sg's he gets stud pressure and he just bought them.

Are they broken in because that could be a problem too.