Stro-Motion ?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Beast_Ed, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Beast_Ed

Beast_Ed Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Boston MetroWest
    Does anyone like this stro-motion ? I can't see how it is an improvement over slow-motion. No new matrix effects will replace good camera work, good replays, and quality commentating.

2. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    It works. Its a great way to show people who don't know the game or to show a play that is rather intracite.

3. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    I agree, I think it works. What I wish they would add is the distance and radius graphics that we get on the French soccer broadcasts that FSW carry. If similiar graphics and technology is available at every NFL game they can get it to the USMNT games.

4. Beast_Ed

Beast_Ed Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Boston MetroWest
    SnakeEyes you're right. I knew there was something missing from these broadcasts. The distance and radius graphics would def be a benefit and we could prolly get that cheaper .. so do away with the Stro-Motion, increase fan satisfaction while reducing overall broadcasting expenses. What about a replay showing a white offsides line when the ball was played ? That would be better than Stro-Motion.

I stand firm .. Stro-Motion is a neat Hollywood effect but doesn't benefit the analysis of anything. I know my American soccer buddies living abroad are going to crack on Stro-Motion once I send them the DVD of the game.

Beastie

5. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They had radius and distance graphics for one game. I believe it was a friendly in Korea pre-world cup 2002.

Anyone remember that one? I just remember the graphics and how the satellite feed kept making the sideline look like it was fading out.

6. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Televisa does that stro-motion effect (similar). But that effect is mostly seen during thier weekend review shows replaying all the goals of the weekend. It shows the trajectory, speed, & distance.

i personally dont like it during the game, but do like it when watching an analysis of a match.

7. metro24freak

metro24freak New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    philly
    I think the stro-motion thing is stupid, but the announcers love it, we can all see where the ball goes we don't really need a chart to tell us, we all saw what happened. I just think it's funny that the announcers love it so much though.