Pre-match: Strikers vs. NSC Minnesota Stars ::: NASL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES LEG 2

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by drSoFlaFan, Oct 23, 2011.

1. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    i am sure the eurosnobs will love this :D

2. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tough match to watch. Frustrating to see them try the long balls and crosses into the box approach all night long, I can't remember if they even scored once on one of the those plays all year long. And with Nuñez usually the only guy in the box, there was practically no chance of getting the goals we needed.

Rain was a big let down. Absolutely beautiful weather for a week and a half leading up to the game, and then nature does what it always seems to do down here when there is an outdoor sporting event. We got no slack from the weather this season.

But all in all a wonderful season, had a great time all year long. And the uncertainty of the last offseason is gone now. We know what our club will be called, we know they can compete for a championship, and we know that they will be playing(god willing, don't screw us around again USSF).

Onward to 2012!

3. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    The NASL must be so happy; the ''league owned team'' just won the soccerbowl

4. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Strikers did great in every aspect of the game, both on and off the field. You should be absolutely proud of what your team accomplished.

5. Heggis27

Heggis27 Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    We didn't, until Laing learned how to cross the ball from out there in August. Usually Abe was in the box to pretend to have a shot at success.

6. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the GolTV broadcast. Ugly game and uglier broadcast quality.

Oh well, I was hoping the Strikers would break South Florida's recent sport jinx, but it was not to be...

7. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in 100% agreement with this! I got soaked a few times, saw some results that made me mad or glad or, like the final series, made me sad, but from April to the end of October I had as much fun as a person can have as a sports fan. I thank Tim Robbie and all the folks in the Strikers FO and all of the Striker's players for giving me that fun. Kudos, too, to all of the Ultras, Flight-19 folks, et al, for contributing their share to the laughter and frivolity at Lockhart and it's environs. My thanks to all. It was a hoot & through the bad and the good I had a blast...;)

GO STRIKERS!!!!!...Onward to even more in 2012...:D