Strikers 2014 News Thread

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by Antique, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Strikermansteve

Feb 10, 2012
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Did you read the original post? I just said that it would increase visibility. Your defeatist point about how so few cars have bumper stickers will actually make ours stand out even more! You just blew up your own argument.

You say they don't sell tickets. And you know this how? Not one season ticket will be sold from this small endeavor? You sound so sure in your assertion.

I hope you're not in the marketing business. If your day job doesn't work out, you might want to forget motivational speaker too, Matt Foley!!!

You're great entertainment, dude.

2. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    +1 for any post referencing the great Matt Foley! LOL

3. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Antique, brentgoulet and Lucho305 repped this.
  4. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
  5. Strikermansteve

Feb 10, 2012
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Playoffs!!!!
    Congrats, Gunter and Co.

Antique and Prosoccercdn repped this.
  6. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats Strikers, good luck on the playoff run, Miami got your back (for now)

7. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Strikers' Chris Nurse Named 2014 Humanitarian Of The Year:

There is more to life than soccer, and across the North American Soccer League (NASL), many players are spending their time off the pitch giving back to their communities, raising awareness for good causes, and dedicating themselves to things that are bigger than scoring goals and winning games. Fort Lauderdale Strikers midfielder Chris Nurse is one of those players, and for his efforts, he has been named 2014 NASL Humanitarian of the Year.

http://www.nasl.com/article/uuid/12...rse--named-2014-nasl-humanitarian-of-the-year

Antique repped this.
  8. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kronsteiner still in the Strikers' plans, according to ownership

"We will make an offer to Gunter, but we told him it's his call. We are preparing for a lot of exciting things and changes to come. Now is not the right time."
    "He did such great for with the team this year, but we need to take care of other things first. The coaching situation has not been settled."

http://www.twiceacosmo.com/2014/11/...le-strikers-plans-according-to-ownership-nasl

9. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry but thats the worse job offer I've ever heard. "Its his call" but "now is not the right time". I bet they offer the job but at half the salary.

10. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep... Dead man walking comes to mine when I read that article.

11. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CORINTHIANS "CRAZIES" TO INVADE LOCKHART FOR PRESEASON TRAINING

Corinthians soccer club, and its Gang of the Crazy, will invade Lockhart Stadium from January 7 to 13 for Corinthian Invasion III, the club’s open-to-the-public preseason training. The world-famous club, currently in third place in the Brazilian National Championship, will have its superstars in-tow, including Paolo Guerrero, one Peru’s finest soccer stars since the Strikers’ own Nene Cubillas, and Elias, a midfielder with 17 caps for the Brazilian National Team.

http://www.strikers.com/news/detail...-lockhart-for-preseason-training#.VHZbK9oaySM

12. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The article links to reddit and facebook questions about the Strikers. I thought it was worth posting for those who want to click the links in the article.
    In Review: Rafael Bertani

From Facebook, this was what I thought were some interesting points he made...
    Rafael Bertani" We are committed to tripling stadium attendance and quadrupling sponsorship revenue over the next two years by investing in marketing and personnel, increasing the team’s media exposure, and introducing various levels of premium seating at the stadium before we announce our new home. The STRIKERS did so well inside of the pitch this last season but on the other aspects (such as average attendance) we did not do well at all. We are here to change that."

Big goals. I hope they achieve them.