strength in soccer

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by redalert101, May 27, 2004.

1. redalert101

redalert101 New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Streets of Florida
    what do mst professionals bench, curl, squat and so on. a i dont know what i should be focussing on. yeah the legs i know but i dont know how strong i should be in other places

2. Blippity-Blip21

Blippity-Blip21 New Member

Jan 7, 2004
    As strong as you possibly can be within reason. What I mean is, don't bulk up like a football (american) player and lose your flexibility and speed. But be as strong as you can be because your shots, passes, and tackles (especially those) receive power from your entire body. Press on, dude, don't half-@$$ your workouts.

3. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    being really big like football players doesnt necessarily make you slower, less agile, less flexible, etc. some players gain speed with a lot more muscles and stuff, the thing tho is with more muscles you lose stamina.

4. phillys

phillys New Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Malaysia, SE Asia
    Having a bulky body helps you to bring other players down easily too.... you will need that kind of body probably as a central defender.

5. Jaspero

Jaspero New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Netherlands
    i practice Kickboxing to get more physical with soccer, youl get more strenght but youll definetly gain speed, not lose speed.
    i can recommend this for every serious soccerplayer

6. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I am a boxer so i do all the full boxing training and its very very hard but damn well worth it after. Strength is a combination of Power and Speed so focus on doing them individually. Power by lifting weights with all parts of your body and by speed jus sprinting and stuff. One handed press ups are very good once you get the knack they improve power vastly!!

7. C. Ronaldo7

C. Ronaldo7 New Member

Dec 5, 2003
    Maryland
    i do plyometrics, and don't ever really concentrate on arm strength.