Storm vs Tigres

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by YGBrowne, Nov 30, 2004.

1. YGBrowne

YGBrowne New Member

Jan 19, 2003
    Chicago
    The Storm are playing Tigres of Monterrey from the Mexican League on Friday Night. The indoor version of this team features Alejandro Moreno of LA Galaxy fame.

2. Fuegofan

Fuegofan Member+

Feb 17, 2001
    Chicago
    So what's the story on Monterrey? First they were kicked out of the league, and now they're playing again. Did they change ownership or something? I think they went a nickname change.

3. YGBrowne

YGBrowne New Member

Jan 19, 2003
    Chicago
    They are being operated by the Mexican League Team Tigres

4. Random Mayhem

Random Mayhem New Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Chicago
    I think i'm going to get to this one, is Moreno really on the Tigres or whatever the name of team?

Might just have to wear the g's colors, since it works for the Storm as well.

5. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Since when does MLS allow players to play indoors? Sounds a little weird to me.

6. YGBrowne

YGBrowne New Member

Jan 19, 2003
    Chicago
    he is out of contract at the Galaxy

7. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    thanks, do you have any official printed sources? i just ask cause i've compiled a list of out of contract players league wide and I don't remember him being reported as such for the galaxy (victorine, suarez, and vagenas were mentioned in articles)

8. YGBrowne

YGBrowne New Member

Jan 19, 2003
    Chicago
    sorry, no written words just league chatter

9. aleaguer

aleaguer Member

Feb 17, 2000
    Wichita, KS USA
    It's not the same Alejandro Moreno.

10. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    The first Storm match was during the extended Fire flameout hangover, the second on a Wednesday right after an exhausting Election Day, and the third was the day after Thanksgiving. No excuses this time, people. Except for BBSL folks, but if they work at it, they can probably make it out to Schaumburg after the Storm game ends.

The Storm needs your support. If you don't know much about indoor soccer, it's at least worth checking out to see what you think of it. It's a different game, but it's the same game. You might dig it.

Yellow raincoats are optional for "The Weathermen." We need to reach some sort of critical mass for that to really take off.

Game is 7:30 at UIC Pavilion.

Later,
    COZ <-- here to help

11. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I've got an indoor game at 7 tonight and then BBSL at 10 or something. I guess I have to miss another one. :(
    The timing on these games always sucks!

12. Random Mayhem

Random Mayhem New Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Chicago
    Yeah, that wasn't the same Moreno as the G's.

I checked out the game. I hope they succeed and I'll try to follow the team but I won't be back to a live game very often. Not my type of event....and no beer, ouch.

RM

13. YGBrowne

YGBrowne New Member

Jan 19, 2003
    Chicago
    Damn offical sources, they're the worst

14. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    At least for us in the BBSL we will be able to check out matches a lot easier after the first of the year. A lot more Saturday night dates on the calendar.

15. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Yep! I'm happy to hear this.