Storm trades John Ball

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by StingStorm, Dec 27, 2005.

1. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    The Storm has traded John Ball to the Cougars for Anthony Mahler and Andy Rosenband. Mahler is a very good target player, Andy Rosenband returns to the Storm after the Cougars took him in the expansion draft , it will be great to have him back as he provided speed , character , and a scoring touch that the team can really use.

2. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope this trade ends up helping both teams. I'm glad that Andy Rosenband is returning to the Storm.

3. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's Maher, not Mahler. He is a good player.

And he was going to be here Sunday anyway. Saves a plane fare. :)

Good to see Rosey back.

4. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean he doesn't write symphonies in his spare time? :D

Yep. He's huge and he's skilled. I saw him a few times with the Comets and wished the Storm had a guy like him.

With Andy and Anthony on board maybe the Storm will stop sucking now.

5. FireFanKeith

FireFanKeith Member

Mar 6, 2000
    chicago,il usa
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really hate to see Jon Ball go. I really think that he could be the best player in the MISL if he could control himself. The nonsense that he displays on and off the field(Baltimore) is a disgrace to his club and himself. I was really hoping that he would help put the Storm in contention this season but not everything works out. Good luck to John in California.
    I am excited by the aquisition of Maher. He now gives us 2 of the top post up guys in the league along with Ughy. I am sure that Maher will regain his touch that he had early last season with KC. The Storm also released defender Ryan Hall probably to make room for the returning Andy Rosenband. I thought Hall did a good job for the Storm but I understand the move to bring back Andy. Rosenband scored some big goals for us last season.
    I hope that the rest of the guys on the team will see this as a wake up call and respond with some victories, hopefully starting this Thursday in STL!
    Should be fun this Sunday as Ball returns to Chicago to take on the Storm. I wonder if there is any bad blood between Ball and Klopas?

6. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Klopas gave Ball a good oportunity and he just could not control his temper. His suspension potentially cost the Storm 2 games. I gave ball a chance as 30 goals and 30 assists warranted the chance , but it just did not work out. We come out gaining as Maher is a solid post player and we know what Rosenband did last year , he added character , speed and a timely scoring touch .

7. Capt. Chaos

Capt. Chaos Member

Chicago Fire & Reno 1868 FC
    United States
    Nov 12, 2005
    Way out in the land of the setting sun
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I knew this was going to happen right after Frank drafted John. I thought they would pull a trade right away however to get Andy back, but waiting til 2 months into the season is still ok I think. John was an ok performer here, I didnt think he was going to play well with us however. With him in a Cougars uni on sunday however, we could be primed to get upset.

And we waived Hall i guess, is this to free up room for Maher?

Can we see a rekindling of the Storm/Force incident from last year since larkin and Ball are back together. Can I start calling Ball a Storm reject now? or Fire reject, or do we have respect for him now? I still know that we are going to chant Leo Pernia in Larkin's face.

I like that Andy is back, we need a spark!

8. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    I think ball will have the exact opposite effect sunday , I think the Storm will be fired up and makes sure his new team does not win in Chicago.