Stony Brook vs. Sacred Heart (R)

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by copaantl98, Sep 24, 2003.

1. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    The game was scheduled at a ridiculous time. It was at 4PM when everyone had classes including me. The game was not played inside the stadium as the football team was practicing. It was played in the field with natural grass.I only caught the first half of it. Stony Brook got the better chances in the first half. They seemed to have everything under control looking very organized and not punting the ball 40 yards everytime. However, one little breakdown cost them. They left a ton of space in the midfield and let a Sacred Heart player right in to work a give and go which led to a goal. Stony Brook then got a penalty kick to tie it in the second half which I missed. The ref was horrible. Whoever was a victim of a takedown somehow got a foul called on them. There was a sequence in which Sacred Heart got awarded a corner kick. The ref said, "The ball didn't cross the line but your body did. So it's a corner." Someone needs to tell Dan Ferrin how to take goal kicks. Three of his goal kicks went way short of midfield and went out almost hitting me twice. Also, I noticed the Stony Brook players spend way too much time jawing at each other just because a player made a bad pass or a bad play. It's good to let you're teammates know your mistakes, but they overdo it. They have to focus more on the game.