Stony Brook vs. Albany (R)

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by copaantl98, Oct 9, 2003.

1. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Missed the first half due to classes. Albany wins it 1-0. The ball movement from Albany was a lot more crisp. Albany had many giveaways on the defensive end but Stony Brook wasn't able to capitalize. Stony Brook needs to learn to shoot low. The ref has got to be the worst ref I've seen. There should have been like 5 yellow cards and 1 red handed out at the time I was there in the second half. Instead the ref only gave out like two yellows. An Albany player viciously tackled a Stony Brook defender while clearing the ball. This was like a Diallo/Kovalenko type of tackle. Maybe worse. But no card shown. Plus it was the linesmen that saw it. They handed out mini Stony Brook inflatable soccer balls. Those I really like. Great crowd on hand. Attendance was 175. Looked more like 250 to me.

2. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm thinkin maybe Stony Brook should give Matt, the backup goalie a shot. He's got two wins this year. Ferrin has been outstanding, but it seems like his distribution is horrible and his organizing the defense isn't all too good.