STL @ Boston April 11th

Discussion in 'Saint Louis Athletica' started by rokagrl13, Apr 7, 2009.

1. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marta has been hit somewhat and from what I've seen Kelly Smith and Lindsay Tarpley haven't been getting pummeled too much.

Those 3 lead the league with 2 goals a piece. At least look at it this way. It's good for the league to have a good showing in the first game home and Kelly Smith is probably the best player in the world next to Marta.

St.Louis is a soccer hotbed so don't you think we'll pack SIUE regardless of our record?

2. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    consistent indeed.... (though matchtracker is saying this week was 12-4)
    scoreline:
    --0-1
    --0-2
    fouls suffered by Lori:

3. jstats

jstats Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Oakville, MO (south
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trade everybody.......fire the coach.......oh sorry was just doing my impersonation of a Rams fan ;-)

4. jstats

jstats Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Oakville, MO (south
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would hope so, but unfortunately in a lot of people's minds Edwardsville isn't really part of St. Louis. I would like to leave nothing to chance if at all possible

5. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bishop got two yellows, but at that late in the game, it doesn't help us, it helps their next opponent.

Pretty good accomplishment for a 2nd half sub to get two yellows.

Edit: It's hell when you get bad info....Bishop only has one yellow, but Boston has three....Those Damn Hackers.

6. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should have highlights on Channel 2 tonight so watch for it. Channel 5 may have some too.

7. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the next game is at Hermann and I don't want to hear any of that West County, whiney-assed, yuppie crap about "Oh, it's too far. I can't possibly get in my Lexus and drive 20 whole miles. Why can't they play the game next door, so it's convenient for me? Because, we all know it's all about me."

Sorry, just an East-siders rant. There are a lot of great fans from the west side who drive from wherever they have to. It's just I've heard too much whining lately.

8. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    As if the second goal against us wasn't salt in the wound enough, Sky Blue just tied Gold Pride. If this holds, then we're the only team without a point after two games.
    Figures that of the three 1-1 ties I predicted, the one I get wrong is the one we lose.:mad:

9. jstats

jstats Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Oakville, MO (south
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, I'm not defending that argument at all. Hell i drove 1,400 miles round trip last weekend for one game!!! But that being said a lot of people are gonna make that excuse and yeah it's a load of bull but it's gonna be tossed out. I will admit Soccer Park or Hermann would be a lot more convenient for me being a South County boy.

Unfortunately what St. Louis people fail to recognize is that you have to support the "lower levels" to get the "bigger levels." People won't come out to Glavin's complex in Cottleville to watch the Lions but they complain that we aren't automatically given MLS. I personally know a lot of people who say they would love to have a Sprint Cup race at Gateway but when you ask how long they've had season tickets to the track they get all offended and say "Well I'm not gonna pay that much for the Nationwide or Trucks series."
    Personally, I think the worst thing to ever happen to St. Louis was being named "Best Sports City" several years back by the sporting news. It's created a sense of laziness among people and it's hurt us on several occasions. There is no way that Portland or Seattle is a better sports city than St. Louis (especially viewing the Sonics ran from Seattle to Okie City) but the same people who demand MLS now also have openly said "well I won't drive 35 miles for WPS or A-League" and then they wonder.

Ok well there is my rant :-D

10. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with every word you said. Sometimes, support in St. Louis is conditional upon convenience.

11. jstats

jstats Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Oakville, MO (south
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if you like it add to my rep on here and if you don't well i don't think i can say those words on b.s. lol

12. jstats

jstats Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Oakville, MO (south
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and btw ESPN2 is leading into MLS action with women's collegiate bowling???? are you serious people???

13. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Already done...if it took....

14. jstats

jstats Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Oakville, MO (south
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HAHAHA awesome.....I didn't think that would work :-D

15. jstats

jstats Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Oakville, MO (south
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and by the way it did take but it says that my rep on that is even, so i guess someone out there didn't like it......oh well can't please everybody eh

16. arch_genesis

arch_genesis New Member

Aug 23, 2008
    it sucks not being able to follow the games hopefully they get a tv deal worked out soon. but what happened!?! Solo is suppose to be the best goalkeeper in the world! I really want to see how this team plays, I can't handle reading a recap

How is Aluko looking?

17. jstats

jstats Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Oakville, MO (south
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, we subbed out Aluko at half and I think she had only one shot but put it over so it sounds like the confidence in her is very high at the moment (my inference only)

18. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aluko was our most active offensive player (unless you count Chalupny) in the 1st game. It surprised the heck out of me subbing Gray in for her so early in the game. I was also surprised Daniela got subbed out. Barcellos used the same bench players both weeks, except he added Weber to that this week.

I still don't know who are our listed developmental players. The players who haven't played are Loyden (who I figure is our backup keeper), Walter (I figure she is a developmental player), Kane (she's probably our developmental keeper), Cinalli (who's been injured), Logterman (who isn't with the team yet), Cross, Vandenbergh, and Pistorius.

I really think Cinalli will help the offense, once she gets healthy. Hopefully, with a week off next weekend, she will have time to heal.

19. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can't blame it on Solo. She had a very good team in front of her during the World Cup and Olympic gold medal win. Obviously the team in front of her now isn't as good.

We just need to give it more time for the players to gel but I this team might not be that offensively strong as I stated in the thread about offensive problems for this team.

On a side note, there were only 2735 fans in New York for the FC Gold game and that's a big drop off from the opener. Not good but New York doesn't really draw that well for MLS either as their fans seem to be fickle unless it's one of their traditional teams.

20. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha try hosting on Easter weekend in a pre-game monsoon.
    As for why we didnt update, every Breakers fan active on BigSoccer was either at the game or with family for Easter.

21. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to hear that. That means you guys should get better crowds from now on weather permitting.

22. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't see the guide but if that's what they showed why couldn't they show WPS? The only reason I can think is that woman's collegiate bowling is probably just a once a year tournament or something while ESPN wouldn't commit to showing WPS every week.

But they could at least show the final/playoffs or something or even a game of the month.

23. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh we will. Location of the stadium puts it almost directly on the Boston subway system.

24. jstats

jstats Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Oakville, MO (south
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well.....if you figure that with as many people coming in as you would going out it should be a push I would think. In regards to a monsoon, I think we would still show up but I can't say for sure. But I didn't know that Harvard was right on the subway line. That must be a nice side benefit...wish we had that for sure.

25. jstats

jstats Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Oakville, MO (south
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't know besides the fact that we were quick to sign with FSC. I like Fox Socer Channel but when you are on a campus with limited it does suck big time.