Stevie-Boy! Here are REAL soccer fans!

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by bomp, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Naroz

Naroz New Member

May 11, 2007
    So what's the point and how does is relate to indoor soccer?

2. ONE

ONE Member

Aug 11, 2000
    NOLA
    not only does it have nothing to do with indoor soccer, but no matter how many people you've got singing it, "You'll Never Walk Alone" is a TERRIBLE song.

3. bomp

bomp New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Baltimore, MD.
    What's the point? It's a crowd actually singing at a match. They don't need a DJ playing tunes to get them up and supporting their team. Maybe it's different in your town but in Baltimore, we couldn't sing if we wanted to. That's the point.

And You'll Never Walk Alone is a beautiful song.

4. Naroz

Naroz New Member

May 11, 2007
    So you're saying that soccer fans overseas are better singers, better fans, or what? I don't see MISL fans in any city acting like this. For the most part, I don't see U.S. fans of any professional sport singing in unison, unless it's the National Anthem or God Bless America. It's just not part of the sports culture here as it is over there.

As for music playing during the games, I liked it when the original MISL did it back in the late 70's and early 80's and I like it today.

5. bomp

bomp New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Baltimore, MD.
    You like the music? Good for you- what ever city you are from. I can't stand it. Not needed and I don't think it has ever added to the matches. But they've done it for years and it gets loader every season or I'm getting older.
    ;)

You must not have been to any MLS or USL matches because some fans for those clubs actually sing. Now the crowds are much smaller but I wanted our commissioner to actually see real fans supporting their side.

You don't see any MISL fans acting this way is my point. They could NEVER act this way because the music is playing and they are rarely encouraged to do their own thing like MLS supporters groups do.

It's not the fans that are better overseas. It's the clubs actually want participation from their fans. At least in Baltimore, they want you to listen to their music and not much else.

6. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Now you know damned well that hundreds of kids (who couldn't give a damn about WHY they're at the arena) sing the SpongeBob theme song at every Blast game!

7. bomp

bomp New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Baltimore, MD.

After I posted this, I remembered about this and knew that you would point it out. Maybe this could be the Blast fight song??? :D

http://www.baltimoreblast.com/index.php?poll=1

Hey Syd, don't you love this poll on the Blast web site? That 4th choice might win in the end! :D

$30 tickets?? When did that happen?

8. ucantcme

ucantcme New Member

Jul 16, 2006
    I think it matters more how many fans buy tickets and attend the games than it does how many fans sing at the games. Frankly, I don't want a Euro feel to the games. I like the "Americanized" feel to indoor soccer and it's one of the things that helped make me a fan many years ago in MISL1.

Music done right enhances the game. Music played at the wrong times, at the wrong volume levels or just the wrong music selections is an annoyance.

9. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Wow, the Blast raised ticket prices across the board. That's not good.

I would almost say the first row (probably not the second row) seats are worth it. Watching the game without the glass is practically like being on the bench. You get a whole different perspective. Obviously you can see better, but you get to pick up some interesting interchanges between the players and the players and the referees.

There's a great cover on a GOAL Indoor Magazine with Jamar Beasley embracing fans after a goal. That's good stuff.

If I sat there and yelled at the players like I used to, though, they would probably come into the stands.

10. BlastFan1

BlastFan1 New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Baltimore
    I gotta chime in about the 30$ seats--I sit in the front row and I swear I love not having the glass in front of me--we have had some wonderful interactions with the players--from both teams and the refs too/We yell at the refs they respond to us and I tell them to watch the game not me/All in good fun.....

11. bomp

bomp New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Baltimore, MD.
    Ok, now I understand the $30 seats. How many seasons have they had those seats?