Steve Ralston for Goal of the Year!!!!

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Rev's Irish Rose, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Rev's Irish Rose

Rev's Irish Rose New Member

Feb 13, 2004
    Somerville, MA.
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Please, guys, vote for Steve Ralston for GOTY at MLS.com!!!!! His one against the Fire on Oct. 16 got the nod!!!!

2. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Have to admit that was a "pretty goal" as it is known. I.E. Goal that was special.

3. Fiero20

Fiero20 Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Gillette Stadium
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im sorry i just cant do it. derosario's was insane. noone should be able to hit a ball like that and score.

one of the best strikes i've ever seen

4. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    If I did vote for Ralston, I would definitely go for the free kick on July 11 before the latter one.

5. Sean Donahue

Sean Donahue Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Massachusetts
    That one was the better of the two, IMO. Both great goals, but not GOTY.

6. Crewbasher

Crewbasher Member

Jul 7, 1999
    The Enemy Base
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as I hate to admit it, that Edson Buddle strike a couple of weeks ago deserves a nod. That shot was just incredible. Not to take away from Stevie, who had two great goals, but a shot like Buddle's is something to behold.

7. revsfan21

revsfan21 New Member

May 20, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Steve made it to the final 5 goals of the year today.

8. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All of the goals are incredible. Even Kirovski's. I'm still going with Ralston, though, because that wasn't even really a shot. He was in mid-air, and just bounced it off his right foot.

9. Fred Woods

Fred Woods New Member

Sep 27, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    I start with a strong preference for goals from the run of play. Further, this being a team game and all, I like the one's that start with a brilliant pass (or passes). So that gets it down to Ralston and DeRosario. DeRosario's strike is absolutely heart stopping, but given the fact that Ralston's saved the season for the Revs, I have to vote for Steve.

10. mosler

mosler Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Mashpee, MA
  11. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just went and looked and think the right goal won. I would put Ralson's in second and don't think it was much different then Twellman's strike in the playoffs. I would even say that Twellmans was a little better but I guess it came too late in the season to be considered.

Buddle's was interesting and I couldn't help but wonder if he was trying to do that or did he just slip and got lucky? He had an awful funny body position after the shot. To bend the ball to the right he should have been over the ball and hit it with the outside of the right foot. I'm thinking he slipped and it worked out right for him.

12. Fiero20

Fiero20 Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Gillette Stadium
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

not entirely true. even though it is more logical and easier to make the ball bend that way with the outside of the right foot, it is possible to strike it the way buddle did. i can do it. all you do is come from the outside of the ball to the inside with the laces. been doin it for years.