Stephen Armstrong Mr. Utility

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by ojsgillt, Jul 29, 2002.

1. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    He has played on the wings, He has played in the back, He has played up top. Were can this man not play?

Stephen likes to play forward, he says that is where is has the most fun. I thought that Armstrong played much better at forward than Brown has all year. Quill is getting better with each game their has been an improvement since coming back from his injury, so the need for Stephen is less at that position. He is going to be to a huge help during this long month of August. I would expect to see him all over the place between the games.

2. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I totally agree with this.

He was outstanding on Saturday. And his versatility has been of great benefit to us.

I would still like to see a bit more of Quill. Obviously he has been shaking off that injury and slowly getting match fit.

With Fabbro back soon it leaves us with a selection problem. Which is a nice situation to be in considering our forwards last March!!

Does Gansler revert back to Igor and Fabbro up front and Armstrong back on the left with Quill on the bench? I would say so in the short term, but Armstrong's skill in the middle are hard to ignore and he may well play there and have Igor drop deeper and play behind the front two. That would probably mean benching Klein or Gomez and playing 3-5-2.

Something like this

Meola
    Garcia-Talley-Burns (until Diego heals)
    Klein - Preki - Z - Quill
    Igor
    Fabbro-Armstrong

3. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree as well, and on Brownie's miss. Well imo If we would have lost that might be his shot to see time for a while. He didn't really do anything except miss a gift. I would like to see Davy Arnaud. Why the hell not he can't do much worse. Send Brownie to the A-league and let him score some goals and get his confidence back. Its only been gone for over a year. Yes I know he looked like he might snap out of early in the year but that was early.

4. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, remember Chris Brown '01? Player of the Week for week #3 with 2 goals & 1 assist in the 2 games played that week.

Unfortunately, he only managed to pick up 3 more goals & 1 assist over the rest of the season.