Step It Up Bro, The Team Needs You!! - The Benzema Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by natenate101, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully this past weekend was his turning of the corner, but of course we'll have to see how he builds on that in the coming weeks.

edit: Poll added

2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

He'll come back to the Benzema of these ^ days. I will continue to believe in him. He has way too much talent to not come good at Madrid. Hopefully he has time on his side.

He has the talent and recently he has shown that he has the willingness to work as well. He has a President and General Manager who believe in him and a supportive Coach who is willing to help him and trusts him. He has good teammates all around him. It'll all fall into place soon enough.

3. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Last minute winner against Milan... you heard it here first.:cool:

4. ssabripo

ssabripo New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I will buy a beer if that happens!:eek:;)

5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    It's actually amazing that a player who has been so succesful in the CL at such a young age, is struggling like this.

6. suckafree8990

suckafree8990 Member

Aug 6, 2006
    houston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't think I could sit through a draw up till the 90th plus. unless you mean last minute as in 43rd minute of the first half when we completely kill off the game. :D

7. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    fyp

8. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I just hope we don't need a last minute winner tomorrow :D

9. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    So do I...

... but if we do... :D

10. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    In that case I'd like it to be Higuain, a goal at the San Siro tomorrow will go a long ways to quieting the "he never scores in big games" boo-birds, Benzema with last minute game winning assist though :D

11. Kasoul

Kasoul Member

Oct 18, 2006
    ^^^ i agree with this.

12. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If higuain or Benzema scores, it will be the 700th CL goal for Real Madrid. Significant chance to enter the record books.

Pretty good time to score against Milan.

13. babai_here

babai_here Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wish for Ronaldo :D

May be it will be a surprise again :p (An own Goal :mad: ) .

14. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    So...what's our record at the San Siro again?

Let's temper expectations a bit. Though we did break the Deportivo away streak.

15. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Temper expectations? Are there any unrealistic expectations being put forth here?

16. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    0-90.

17. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Yeah, sorta:

18. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Yeah cuz that's a real expectation :rolleyes:

Considering some of the predictions, gut feelings and real expectations some folks put forth here the last couple of pages is simply messin' around (maybe because that's what it was).

19. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    And I'm just saying given our record at the San Siro, it could be a tough game. Not sure why you increasingly look to pick a fight around here.

20. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!

This is Real Madrid-AC Milan damnit, I want a fight, blood, and a winner :D

21. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting poll results so far, not suprising though. He's got a ways to go before seeing him come on the pitch inspires confidence. Good luck to Karim today with whatever minutes he gets.

22. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I believe in the Assist Master Benzy :)

23. Snout

Snout Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hey everyone

I think benzema is going through a rough time at the moment. Last season he was a starter until Higuain's superb performances have forced pellegrini to bench benz.

This year wasnt any different, Higuain having already proved his qualities in the previous 2 years is enjoying a good run in the team, benz still hasnt proved anything to the bernabeau faithful. I think he has to work very hard in order to become a starter instead of Pipita.

Personally I prefer 1 striker up front with 2 wingers supporting him, like the di maria higuain ronaldo trio already used by mourinho.

Benz should really step up his game, he is getting all the support from Real Madrid. We also need a reliable backup to Higuain in case he gets injured or becomes out of form.

24. Eldenfirefly

Eldenfirefly New Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We need Benzema. Don;t get me wrong. I love our current core team right now. But You got to factor in injuries. We only have 2 full out strikers. If one of them gets injured, or even exhausted during a match, then we need to others who can step up to the plate and deliver.

Benzema has the potential. He is just unlucky, and maybe just a bit unsure right now. Mourinho is right to back him. Once his current unlucky streak on the goal ends, and he regains his confidence, he will be a huge asset to the team.

This isn't about who always starts or who doesn't. Its about the team. Its just not possible for the same 11 people to start all the time. No team is ever that lucky. Imagine a key match against our arch nemisis Barca. Half way through one of our strikers get injured, or one of them is just off form, or whatever. Then we will be glad we are able to bring on another who can and will help to turn things around.

I just hope Benzema doesn't lose heart and ask to transfer to another team. Mourinho believes in him, he should believe in himself too.

25. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Mou fixed sneijder's mental problem, I am sure he will fix Benzema. I think he will do really well and with a little bit of luck/Patience he will kill the debate off.