Steinbrenner wants to buy Spurs?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by MichaelQReilly, Jan 26, 2008.

1. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    its crazy how stupid Snyder is... what turning the Redskins into having the biggest revenue stream in the world and all... and making the Redskins one of hte wealthiest teams in the world...

imma Redskins fan... and I do have a dislike for Snyder, but in terms of making money for his product, their is none better...

2. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Money ≠ Cups

Necessarily

3. N-I-C-H-O

N-I-C-H-O New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you think Steinbrenner over pays for overage overrated talent. Snyder takes that job to a whole new level of idiocy.

4. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    making money for his product, or from his product.

i don't follow the NFL at all, but unless the redskins have showed significant suck reduction over the last few years, i'm not putting that in the 'plus' column.

5. chanman83

chanman83 Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From living in deadskin land, I think the redskins do make money as a product even though they suck ass. I know in 05 they were the richest franchise in the nfl but I don't know how much that has changed in 2 years. Now money for players different story as I think they are like in the + for salary cap.

6. MichaelQReilly

MichaelQReilly New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Glastonbury, CT
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats as much a product of overcharging for everything (including watching practice), owning their own stadium, and being the top dog in one of the biggest media markets in the country as it is any testament to the brilliance of Snyder.

7. cdmphy

cdmphy Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Natick, MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Seriously. This is NSR. I can start a rumor about my grandmother wanting to buy the team.

8. KHowe

KHowe Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Western MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Please, no. I'd rather see Dani Alves in a Spurs kit...

Don't the Yankees have an affiliation with ManYoo already? I know it only goes as far as selling each others merch. at the others stadiums but still..

9. boatsandstars

boatsandstars New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    bs. if your grandmother was a millionaire and had been quoted in stories reported by the AP, the USA Today and the New York Times then it would be the same.

I don't care to see it happen because I think Hank is an idiot. With all the deals falling through over weekly wage agreements, the financial incentive is nice, but still... Hank Steinbrenner... ewww.

I think the biggest positive of all is that maybe it would drive all the Boston Red Sox fans to another club (I thought they all supported Arsenal anyway) :)

10. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Every NFL team makes a ton of money thanks to a huge TV contract and the salary cap that guarantees they make profits.

11. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    no shit.

i can't believe i actually subscribed to this retarded thread. it's an utter waste of time. now, if you'll excuse me, i'm going to go watch gary mabbutt take a piss again.

12. songoose

songoose Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    second

13. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    the Redskins suck *largely because he is hands on, which would be a downfall for Spurs... but then Levy is your owner so is their really a difference* but the franchise is in the top 5 in worth in all sports...

14. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    exactly... because the Redskins were always on that level beforehand with the Cookes :rolleyes:

I dislike Snyder... I dislike the fact that he wont show out of town scores at games now (you have to purchase a device to get scores)... but he also increased the stadium capacity... got different revenue streams from different products... and has made the Redskins a national brand... he saw the potential there and flipped it times100... you cannot dislike that...

15. N-I-C-H-O

N-I-C-H-O New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were always a national product, for a long time there were no other teams in the south east of the US. Plus PA fans between Pittsburgh and Philly are mostly Skins fans. And you can thank Joe Gibbs for that.

16. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    oh I know of the southeast ties that are still very strong... folks travel up here from as deep as the Carolina's to goto Redskin games

but its a bigger brand now tho... Ive read that the Redskins are big overseas now... and have more fans around the US than before...

again, I dont think Snyder would make a good owner because he would try and get Pele and Maradona out of retirement... but if he came to Spurs, Spurs would make a lot of money and be a bigger brand

17. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a HUGE YANKEE FAN I SAY....... DO IT NOW! The man is a winner and I can tell you we would be winners too. It would be great too cause I mean now both of my favorite teams would be linked together forever. My god get him on board now.

18. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    He hasn't won anything, what're you talking about? So far the only thing he's succeeded at is yapping to the press at every opportunity.

19. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Guess you weren't in NY for 96'-00'. Steinbrenner has won cause he owns the team and I mean in my book that is just the same. I mean so if we win the League Cup does that mean that Levy can't declare himself a winner? Anyway I would love to see him here to run the show. Yapping to the press or not he is big money.

20. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Hank Steinbrenner wants to buy the team, not George.

21. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well then Im on something else entirely and yes I don't think Hank should yap but pa can yap cause he has done it big. If it is hank that wants to buy the club then I wouldn't want to see that cause your right Double he hasn't done crap since he took over for daddy. He has just made us look like dog crap. So if that is the case then no, Hank should not come on board.

22. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    owning the yankees and finishing in the top two or three is like owning benfica and being constantly near the top of the portuguese league. if steinbrenner owned the indians and was putting winners out every year, i might be a bit more impressed.

regardless, again, for the umpteenth time - SPURS DO NOT HAVE REVENUE PROBLEMS! the existing operators milk spurs' support as effectively as any club in the world. the notion that steinbrenner, or snyder, or any other american is going to go over and suddenly make spurs immeasurably more profitable is just stupid. we spend more than the arse, ffs! who has liverpool bought that spurs couldn't have bought if they'd wanted to come to N17? torres? if we can drop 17m on bent, we could drop 25m on torres. we can pay for whomever we want - they just don't want to come to spurs because we're not where we need to be. and don't go on about our wage structure, because we'd break it if they would.

can we spend with chelsea and man u? no, and we won't be able to no matter who owns us - unless it's a sugardaddy that wants to drop his own millions into THFC; and that rules out any american. sure, the arse could now outspend us if they needed to, but they don't. and why not? BECAUSE YOU DON'T NEED MORE MONEY THAN SPURS ALREADY HAS TO BE BETTER THAN SPURS ARE!

and spare us that "he's a winner!" crap. joe montana's a winner. maybe he should run spurs. or how about tiger woods? he's a winner, he is! steinbrenner at spurs is a fucking bad joke. stop it, all of you.

[/rant]

23. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    :D :D :D

24. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude.... Chill it was just a joke like you said and if George or Hank were going to buy a club it would most likely be Cheski or Man U. My god man no need to get a complex.

25. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I WILL NOT!

we are talking about a steinbrenner, here!