Steffiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Points (Road to WWC 2019)[R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Dec 24, 2017.

?

Worst German NT player atm?

1. Babett Peter

50.0%
  2. Babett Peter

33.3%
  3. KATHY HENDRICH

16.7%
  4. Babett Peter

66.7%
  5. Mandy Islacker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Henning + Peter + Jones = 0:10

2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    every seconds of their games

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So no proof then...

5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I have it on video!!

6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Henning last played during the Euro and we didnt lose 0:10

#hardevidence

7. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Steffiana Jones be like...

blissett and Thomsen repped this.
  8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    My reaction to all of this since the Olympics...
    [​IMG]

Weltmann repped this.
  9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #134 Batfink, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    She isn't gong anywhere lol... the DFB already wasted their perfect opportunity to implement genuine changes throughout this program, and for clear political reasoning few people outside of the leaderships round table will ever know why they relented on their empty talk of removing the blunt/broken cogs in this former smooth running machine.

Neid, Ballweg, Bernhard, Jones, should all be asked to leave, but the moment Katja Greulich stepped down as co-trainer sighting better opportunities for career growth at USV Jena, it should have been clear there's a really bad systemic error here, that goes way beyond the any long term incompetence of a few individuals.

I mean even though the performance levels right now show everybody that all the senior team players have ZERO interest working within this mess, the DFB can't just remove Jones and expect immediate progress to follow.

So the questions now become do the DFB members wait until Germany are finally knocked out of WC qualification before they feel confident enough to truly start fixing any of this...? And do they react to this seriously, forcing through the necessary changes no matter how harsh it may initially appear whenever covered by the media.

10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree with you I guess they cut Jones some slack since she took the job at a moment when no one else wanted it

11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it be hard to believe Jones wouldn't be fired,. She came into the SBC with the most stacked team & virtually zero injuries/ Only major missing was Laudehr, but than she would of taken Huth position(who actually was one the few that payed good).

It was simply terrible coaching. This squad is in need for a 360 degrees reversal of tactics which can now only be brought on with a complete different coach

12. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    I think this time it might actually happen and Jones will get her walking papers. Giving Goessling one minute playtime on her 100th cap, was also kind of weak. Might have been SJ`s last final act out of spite, because Goessling opened her mouth and criticized her.
    Inspired by @Romario'sgurl, I believe Steffi Jones will soon hear this legendary quote.

MOVE ...:D

blissett and Romario'sgurl repped this.
  13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    But it's not just Jones who needs to be removed though... Jones is simply the easy target for the constantly underwhelming decisions made by Neid and Ballweg's running of the wnt program.

Seriously, when a young female coach like Greulich can't wait to leave her new senior wnt role, openly suggesting her time better served accepting the opportunities provided by Jena, you know there's a serious problem with the way this program is being run.

Obviously Greulich could see some kind of critical flaw and left before it damaged her career, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised to hear it's the main reason behind Meinert and Wiegmann not wanting to be anywhere near the senior team either.

So with Oliver Bierhoff going beyond his role to talk about pushing for the wnt's future improvement, I feel the silence of Hannelore Ratzeburg (the woman supposedly in control of women's and girls football) is rather deafening in all of this.. no...?

Why is Oliver Bierhoff the only person willing to address any of this..? There's more politics going on behind the DFB curtain, than simply trying to find the right time to introduce an adequate replacement for Jones.

14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's a few articles criticizing Jones, but nothing to suggest she's going to get fired
    in English
    http://equalizersoccer.com/2018/03/...uad-transition-may-not-return-to-shebelieves/
    German
    http://www.faz.net/aktuell/sport/fu...bleiben-zweifel-an-steffi-jones-15484569.html

can't find a direct link but the coach of Iceland(who won the WC qualifer v GE) said something to this effect

GERMANS ARE JUST ONE TYPE OF PLAYER

totally disagree with this, but on the other hand Jones one dimensional style makes the team look so predictable & so easy to defend and counter against

15. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Assuming that Jones will continue her mess considering we haven’t heard a shit...?

16. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Legend Bernd Schröder’s out in media again... :thumbsup:

17. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #142 hotjam2, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    he gave this interview, but if if read it correctly, he don't think they need a coaching change/or needs to come from an insider
    https://www.welt.de/sport/fussball/...en.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

but if an outsider like Phil Neville can come in & get decent results with just two days of practice, then why is Jones whining that she needs more time?

18. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He’s just polite enough to not hang her out in the media

Jones needs more time to create chaos and uncertainty in this mess of a NT... lol
    I’m pretty sure she will call up Demann now and start her in front of Elsig in the defense...?

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL, it's because he probably still loathes everything about Silvia Neid's influence on women's football in Germany, in the past being the only person who'd constantly question her level of complete control over the future of the wnt.

So I doubt Schröder will waste any energy on helping further excavate Jones grave, as he's probably already fully aware of who's still running the puppet show behind the scenes, and knows what this will mean for their hopes of staying around beyond 2018.

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL, yeah... because hearing various people make ridiculous statements like this would never be a thing with the current senior team being so mismanaged right now...:rolleyes:

Marozsan's personal list of individual accomplishments should trivialize the conviction of such statements; but this is probably how Iceland (and other nations) feel they can behave right now, confident enough to enjoy openly criticizing a program that's clearly going through a ridiculous leadership based identity crisis.

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    being her first NT start, Elsig needed to shine, but with the obvious score line, I don't think she did. It could very well be due to Jones playing the CB's so off position(another Jones specialty!). She definitely should of been more 'in you face' on Thiney when she assisted in the 2nd FR goal. The third goal was way more puzzling; looks like Elsig was actually playing a left FB trying to hold an off-slides trap, Le Sommer streaks right by her from the over the top pass & assists with the Gauvin goal. Elsig might of thought it was an offside call but why on earth didn't JoJo hustle back to cover ELS? The whole play made JoJo look very slow or maybe she don't have enough running speed

22. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes, Elsig's to blame for the second goal as well as she let Thiney assist Le Sommer, but the worst in that conceded goal was Klasen, to just mark Le Sommer shouldn't be that hard... no? Lokked to me like Germany tried to play a high line when they were 2-0 down to push for a goal... when Le Sommer's behind you like that it's almost impossible to catch up with her. Elsig's not a very fast player but she has other qualities that makes her so valuable to me.

23. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    White/Blue, no one will vote on Kathy Hendrich!!

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Looking towards gaining any positives, I don't honestly believe it would have mattered who played in these games though; it's all been dead stick/lost cause for a long time now, and the tepid performances come negative body langue from the players, suggests it's going to continue until major changes are forced through too.

The long term future of this team needs a leader like Elsig having significantly more to show for her abilities than 5 appearances; and when she's coming into a team devoid of direction, playing for a coach that shouldn't be around much longer, I don't see how her inclusion versus France could been deemed a true and complete failure.

I mean... the stats seem to suggest Germany couldn't even create a single shot on target over 3 matches lol. That's the current mediocre level of this team.. a team Elsig on her own was expected to help win...lol. Where's the element of a genuine team that can help here...?

25. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    but Henning's gone!!

pretty disappointed in the players as well that no one but Gössling has criticized her, I mean, a type like Popp strikes me as a player who should be furious about the later results and do something about it not backing up the mess of a coach