Steffiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Points (Road to WWC 2019)[R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Dec 24, 2017.

?

Worst German NT player atm?

1. Babett Peter

50.0%
  2. Babett Peter

33.3%
  3. KATHY HENDRICH

16.7%
  4. Babett Peter

66.7%
  5. Mandy Islacker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    WOHO i read Peter’s injured? :D

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    don't think it was serious though, she was just taking her time to get back in after being sidelined. The only replay right now would be on ESPN 3, which is usually geo blocked to outsiders/ I'm sure their be replays on youtube posted later on today.

3. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    still waiting for the match, i see the france/england game has been uploaded
    saw the goal Germany conceded btw, mistake by Hendrich (dunno what happen) and Maier a half second too late to repair the error. I'll give Kathy cred though, she's been tasked with a lot in the defense to cover up for Peter's mistakes and everything she can't do

I'm sure you're happy about Kathy's mistake, White/Blue??

4. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    good news
    SHE'S OUT
    for the rest of the tournament
    now maybe Elsig??

6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think she'll go with Goessling instead. but kinda hoping Jones looses this one as well so maybe they'll finally fire her ass!

7. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They wont fire her before the game in Iceland.

They basically just have put a guy in charge of the women's program that was some kind of team manager at the men's team. He understands the game but he doesnt understand the women's program which means he wont fire Jones so soon.

8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Anyway, how DFB's that lunatic to allow Steffi continue or even gave her the job isn't understandable for me. If die Frauen were as popular as the men...

Babett Peter's gone for the rest of the tournament which was the good thing about the game against US. Now I doubt that Steffi will ever bench her no matter what, but at least we'll see a pair of CB's the next games who possess something modern centerbacks in the women's game need today

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    With the DFB's complete cowardice to act on their previous talk of forcing through major changes to this program, I'm no longer wasting any of my time watching the senior wnt take part in these meaningless distractions.

They lost conceding 3 GOALS during a WC qualifier at home to ICELAND!!!

lol, anyway... I still found your hope filled opinion rather funny though, as all the evidence actually suggests your probably going to be in here very disappointed expecting anything positive to take place with Jones still allowed to make important decisions.

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #85 hotjam2, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    if Stefi's job is not on the line, then expect a lot of changes today in the starting lineup. The US game must of exhausted the starters.
    I suppose you could blame Jones for her odd handling in the US game, She had the squad come out firing on all cylinders in the first half, but that's when they had the wind definitely against them. But then the squad looked like they completely expanded their energy all ready when they came out for the 2nd half(when the wind should of favored them).

But the one thing that I think really hurts Germany that's not Jones fault is not being a to produce aworld class winger. The supposedly speedy Huth, wasn;t able to puncture/or break down the US defense via getting past the FB that covered her, O'Hara. This reminded me so much of the last WC game where similarly Laudehr couldn't get past Klingenberg.. Huth stopped trying & started instead taking desperate outside shots.

This you got blame a bit on the Bundesliga, because clubs like WOB, instead of trying to train domestic players in their own academy youth systems to be top wingers, they prefer to hire top foreign ones like Hansen, Pajor, Wulleart. But then, go across the border. the Dutch currently produce two top wingers in Martens & van de Sanden & even had a previous one in Melis

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It also needs to be said that it really doesn't help having Wolfsburg and Bayern (the leagues two most professional clubs) only possessing 3-4 credible in form national team players between them too.

But 20+ matches deep into the job, waiting on 4 generations of highly successful U-19/20 players to finally look like a team is still highly unacceptable for a football association like Germany's.

I mean, I just had a look at the full squad selected for these friendlies... and I can't be the only one who thinks a lot of the Wolfsburg and Bayern contingent continue to unfairly gain their places in this team because of who they play for at club level...?

12. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, Im off the never existing ignore list again! (I started this thread, you know...)

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #88 Batfink, Mar 4, 2018
    @hotjam2 I'm guessing Jones used a 4-4-2..? Because the reality still remains that Germany haven't used a genuine winger system at any level for a long time now, meaning Huth isn't going to be very effective in a team your constantly expecting her to go blindly 1v1 at her defender all match.

I think the latest Meinert U-19 team has definitely started to adjust to this issue of width, using tactics that for better or worse seem to force a more prominent individualistic 1v1 wide play; but if your wanting the get the most effectiveness from what this team has right now, I don't see the benefit criticizing a successful system for a lack of wingers.

Even when Germany had a GOAT status winger like Garefrekas, it should be remembered they still remained most effective as a compact and balanced team, utilizing quick one and two touch passing in the oppositions half of the field, only trying to beat players around the penalty box to create chances on goal.

So even as times change, I'm pretty sure people will see Germany fail as long as they continue neglect creating their compact and balanced teams; and I don't see where sequences of long distance 1v1 runs from two direct wingers play a part in that, when it's never been established as an effective approach for the German wnt's program.

Maintaining this fantasy a Euro wining Netherlands team are the future, just guarantees we're about to witness European teams fall on their faces at the next WC, becoming easy meals for teams like the US, Brazil, Australia... lol.

14. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    they started with a 4-2-3-1 formation with Däbritz, Maro, Dallmann, Popp all over the place during the game

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the Germans played their hearts out, but just needed that one ingredient, the winger, to pull it off. Compacting? sorry but it killed them in the 2nd half where they were pinned in their own side for for about 15 min.

the winger is coming back(at least to woso) Italy's becoming to look good again thanks to their own speedy, classic style winger, Bonesea

I would definitely disagree with the Dutch being a 'flash in the pan'. Currently at Algarve Cup, they completely obliterated Japan, 6-2. Then started their entire bench vs Denmark, but still managed to win that game, and their all doing it without Miedema(out for the tourney due to injury). Their future looks bright as I do feel Jill Rood has the potential to be a super star in the future

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am happy that you appreciate her, but I've seen you spell her name in at least a dozen different (wrong) ways, including Bonesea, Bonansera and such... :giggle:
    Her real name is Barbara Bonansea! ;)

17. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    this threat is about German soccer(which you never seem to care to watch) so please, stop with your trolling!

18. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  19. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Lame Duck vs Hungry Lionesses

but if we are lucky and go 0 for 3,,,,:D

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's not trolling: it's just teaching you the basic principles of Italian spelling. ;)

It is true that I don't follow German NT very much, but I watch the occasional Frauen-Bundesliga's match from time to time and I anyway always read this thread.

21. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Every time I see a blisset post this is music that plays in my head

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The problem is I was already alive back then, and old enough to remember that song! :x3:

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Again, highlighting the exact problem with the senior coaches not being able to build teams with any cohesive balance.

Players always being forced into weird positions, within systems that don't benefit the main positive technical attributes they've grown up learning.

I see it as a huge reason behind the defense continuing to erode, and the attack remaining invisible, as club players can't find match time in the key positions they've always thrived in.

24. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    WOah
    I think Hendrich and Gössling were great in the first half, England barely created anything and they were compact behind there
    then second half Gössling struggled and was exposed and Johanna Elsig only got like 7 minutes... got the feeling we are gonna see Elsig vs France

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #100 Batfink, Mar 4, 2018
    I don't know if your purposefully ignoring the theme of my posts concerning Germany's issues... but I'll say it again.. the German wnt has stopped promoting their own style of play in their recent poor attempts to be successful at the highest stages of the women's international level.

So even when they've had the best winger in the world, they still didn't force the obvious and focus everything around a style of play that would have benefited their opponents in open contents of kick chase football (the style you clearly feel the past, present, and future of the game).

See, it's why I even highlight the recent U-19 junior team having options like Gwinn and Wieder as clear wide threats now, but knowing it still holds little proof in actual positive results that a winger system can be a truly effective style within a less compact German system, that's never going to match up very well versus opponents with more direct 1v1 styles of play.