steambath... (possible R)

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by MtMike, Jul 27, 2002.

1. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All hail Chicago, the city of steambaths.

This is the worst game I remember hearing from Jack in a long time.

Inaccuracies, redundancies (you mean there's actual plastic fibers in the grass!). Be interesting to see if that "Sahib Ante Razov" comment at the end garners any disciplinary action from ESPN.

2. saroccer

saroccer New Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Atl/Kabul
    sorry, didn't catch the game - what was the comment?

3. todda74

todda74 New Member

Nov 4, 2001
    Annapolis
    I don't think Jack did too bad a job today, except for the 100 times he called the stadium a steambath. That got way overused.

4. boots15

boots15 New Member

Sep 19, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Seriously, they wouldn't stop talking about the freaking steambath and the turf. They were sitting in an air-conditioned room, please...The Razov comment was hilarious and scary at the same time, I hope they don't hunt down Jack. Hire Eric Wynalda!!!!!

5. IMissTheFusion

IMissTheFusion New Member

Jun 21, 2002
    South Florida
    Besides all the crap about the turf and steambaths, I thought Jack did ok today. I was kinda surprised when he took the player games lost by Chicago, and elaborated to point out that it translates to 6.5 players per game. Usually, he just lets anything informative go right on by.

6. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Re: Re: steambath... (possible R)

I won't defend them, but I will say that they were not sitting in an air-conditioned room. That booth is not air conditioned and their window is open, so may be they get a nice humid breeze.

7. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the end of the game, there was a shot of Ante Razov getting off the bench with a towel wrapped around his head. Jack refers to him as "Sahib Ante Razov." I'm not necessarily offended by it, but it, in today's climate, is just not the smartest thing in the world to say on national tv.

8. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    geez, and it really wasn't that hot there today.

I for one was expecting many times worse than what it was, thanks to partial clouds and a 10-15 mph breeze.

9. Agreed. There have been games where it was hotter this season.

10. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    due to the way the game played out, both Jack and Ty ran out of things to say. they need a good game to sound remotely intelligent.

but they were alright. they've been a lot worse.