Steam Deck

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Nerroth, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Valve are set to launch the Steam Deck, a new handheld gaming system, in the US, Canada, the UK, and the EU this December:

Any thoughts so far on this device?

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I may want one.

3. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The Steam Deck has been officially launched:

Valve has posted the fist look at the official dock, but no word just yet as to price or launch date.

4. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    A new iteration of the Steam Deck, with an OLED screen (and a few other things), is due out in the US and Canada next week:

How much of an upgrade is it from the original model?

No word yet on when it might start to show up in other territories, however.

5. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I bought the original model. When the OLED released I sold the original and recuperated a decent amount cash, and bought the 512 GB OLED model.

Now I havent spent enough time with it, but so far I definetely think it was worth the upgrade for the OLED screen. I also like the new analog sticks better. Not to mention noticable improvement in battery life.
    Im playing Dead Space 2, and get around 5-6 hours of playtime.

6. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Its an amazing device. Especially for someone like me who dont own a powerful PC, but has a pretty sizable PC/Steam library. Gives a really good handheld and console experience.
    There are other more powerful devices, like the ROG Ally. But from what I understand the Steam Deck is more "streamlined", and has a better battery life. Especially the OLED model.

HomietheClown repped this.