State of the Union 2023 - The Debt Ceiling Standoff Edition - PBP

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by soccernutter, Feb 7, 2023.

1. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "It'll be fun!" you thought. And then it very much wasn't.

2. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    One paragraph in that article sums up what I've been saying a lot recently:

Performative outrage is really all they have.

And yet, drag shows entertain people and don't hurt anyone. There's simply no reason to be obsessed in condemning them as you appear to be. I find it odd that a Catholic focuses his condemnation on drag queens instead of men in the equivalent of dresses who either actively are pedophiles or protect pedophiles. Seems to me Jesus would be more likely to condemn the Catholic Church hierarchy than drag queens.

Mike03, onefineesq, luftmensch and 5 others repped this.
  3. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    And the next line: "And you know what else is gay ... Broadway"

soccernutter, Deadtigers and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  4. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Wait... WHAT????

5. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Tweet apologies but it's funny how there's several Republicans on record saying they want to and then they're shocked when they're called on it.

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  6. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This isn't a university commencement

7. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    She should not be able to find a woman to date, just like no brotha is going to bother to dick Candace Owens.

8. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #158 The Devil's Architect, Feb 8, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    Considering the fact that folks have been taking their kids to cosmetic surgeons for quite a while now for a variety of elective surgeries, including some for very overtly sexual things like breast augmentation, few of which are "reversible" except for said augmentation of bewbies, I'm not sure what the hubbub is all about with latest spate of ALEC drafted anti-trans care laws that want to ban gender affirming care for anyone under 21 (26 now in Oklahoma), even with parental consent for those under 18.

How is it "small government conservative" if the GOP wants the government to intrude on any medical care for someone over 21, let alone 18? None y'all getting up in arms when incel boys are going to surgeons to make themselves appear more handsome (they still ugly on the inside tho,) or guys going to various and sundry cock docs to either lengthen/thicken what they've been told to believe is an inadequate member or to get whatever the latest male hormone treatment or cosmetic treatement

Explain it to me... Like I'm you

This...

Conservatives of all flavors could not care less about the deaths of trans kids, gay kids, black kids, brown kids, red kids or really any kids, other than "maybe" their kids. If fact, by their actions, they're actually fine with it, or at least ambivilant, which is actually worse

You know, I never really had any desire to attend a drag show or anything until it bothered conservatives so much that they wanted to ban it...
    You're like, literally the worst at this. I'm embarassed for you, as literally one of the original trolls in this place - I mean, I think you owe Sounders an apology. I mean, I know, I do for the rash of shit I directed not just at him, but at the universe in general in my ignorance and immaturity. But you, you owe him one, just for being a pathetic embarassment trying to score points, probably for some likes from, the gutless punk conservatives and libertarians that lurk here, but don't engage, because they're craven cowards

As far as we're able to determine, no kids have been molested at a drag show, but they keep being sexually assaulted at church camps, retreats, events, etc.

Can you tell me why that is?

chaski, Deadtigers, xtomx and 11 others repped this.
  9. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    I found Biden's SOTU to be a strong one. I also found it refreshing that there weren't any outright lies, as there were from his predecessor:
    https://www.factcheck.org/2023/02/factchecking-the-state-of-the-union-4/

OTOH, I found it appropriate that the sack of sh!+ party used a lying liar to craft their response. After all, this is the party of George Santos and Donald Tr*mp and other lying liars.

Anyone either stoopid enough or dishonest enough to believe that milquetoast Joe fvkcing Biden is a "woke radical leftist" is again, either stoopid or dishonest. Of course, their audience is full of stoopid imbeciles who can't even read their own names.

10. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    xtomx, bigredfutbol, ChrisSSBB and 3 others repped this.
  11. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Explain it to me like I’m you…

this is probably my new favorite internet thing.

12. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blushes in Architect

diablodelsol and xtomx repped this.
  13. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Dan Pfeiffer predicted Trump's play from last night.

Trump doesn't have to run 3rd party. That is hard and difficult and lazy Mango will never bother with all that. But he doesn't have to.

He can just threaten to take his ultra-fans home and let Biden (or candidate X) win

14. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    We all know he'd drop his bra & panties for you the second you stare at him indigenously.

Q*bert Jones III and Deadtigers repped this.
  15. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He should run in the GOP primaries again. Just a beautiful reminder of what conservatism is and has always been, just free these days from the dogwhistling that's been all the rage since Reconstruction..

fatbastard and Deadtigers repped this.
  16. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apartment scene from "The Gentlemen." NSFW due to language/drug discussion.

Of course, that clip doesn't include the kid falling off the balcony...

Deadtigers repped this.
  17. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’ll never pick her, not hot enough.

Deadtigers repped this.
  18. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We only use that on the new GF, a delightful mix of Catherine Deneuve and Ann-Margaret

roby, xtomx and bigredfutbol repped this.
  19. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven’t seen anybody try to explain why they’re “ok” because that doesn’t even need explaining. What people are doing is attempting to explain their nature and appeal (an appeal I don’t personally see, but I also fail to see anything “wrong” with them).

But since you obviously have strong opinions on the matter to keep bringing it up continually, what exactly makes drag shows not OK?

Pønch and xtomx repped this.
  20. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    To each his own. I'm not here to judge. Well, judge lifestyle choices.

******** it. Yes. Yes, I am here to judge.

21. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I know - diving back into the redhead pool is going to be the death of me

Deadtigers and xtomx repped this.
  22. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Blaze of Glory!

23. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, yes, this made the rounds in the Conservative Rage Machine, because of the folks at ALEC and their laws and the folks that are weirdly obsessed with the genetials of primarily teenagers.

You know whats weird, looking back over the last 5 years of the disaster that is my personal life, is how weird it was for me to watch my soon to be ex-wife (final court date pending*) literally mean girl seethe in silent disgust at her child coming out as bi, then gay and that child having a friend come out as trans and start transitioning.

Like, Girl, this does not affect you and if it does, it's only because your hypocritical crypto-conservative friends are now silently judging your parenting, which you chose to become more or less uninvolved in, all the while excusing your mid-life crisis hoe phase because they silently loved the Yass Queen drama of it all. I guess the weight of the boredom of the Suburban White Mother was too heavy a cross to bear for her and them, because they all divorced, but I digress...

But what was heartening was how the other two kids literally gave no fucks about the acceptance of their siblling's coming out and then the acceptance of the sibling's friend's coming out and the immediate transition from using the kid's deadname to their preferred name AND when someone attempted to bully their sibling's friend - the immediate choice of the threat of direct and brutal physical violence upon the bully if the bullying continued...

So Fucking #Metal

Mike03, raza_rebel, Deadtigers and 10 others repped this.
  24. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Post of the day. Calling it now.

"maybe" their kids and, MOST IMPORTANTLY, the "preborn" kids!!!!!
    Won't anybody think of the "preborn"!?!

Deadtigers and Sounders78 repped this.
  25. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Damn you! :mad:
    You have a new Post of the Day, three minutes after I called it. ;)

Congrats on the upcoming final court date. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: