State of the forum poll

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by jpick, Nov 15, 2009.

?

what is the state of the forum

Poll closed Jan 14, 2010.
  1. The forum is great

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Things are ok- but they could be better

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The forum is a mess

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is pretty important, so if you could choose not only an option but explain your reasoning as well.

Also, giving pointed criticism of myself or other mods is fair game here. don't hold back if you so desire.

I have some opinions as well, but I will give them later, BigSoccer wants to hear from you guys first and foremost.

2. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It does seem that over the last season or so, things have gotten much quieter.

Don't know if thats just due to the downturn of fortunes for Milan or another issue entirely.

3. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    i thoroughly enjoy this site, its def one of the top sites I visit. i enjoy the various people here, while i dont visit much except the ITaly forum and Ac Milan forum...def a top site to get my soccer news...

4. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i just joined last season, but i think the milan forum is pretty good. we have a lot of good posters who are usually quick to post information to help us all stay in the loop with the club. this forum seems like one of the more mature forums on BS, and i really appreciate that. comparing the milan forum to others (likethe usa men's forum) is like night and day, and i am really happy that i don't have to sift through all of the junk that some of the other forums on BS get clogged with.

5. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    the posters on the site are the best part i think...we all have different opinions/ideas for the team which allow us to learn more about other tactics n such....another plus is there isnt many dbags on here..if u dont agree wit sum1 its pretty much a good debate between the two and nutin more...occasionally there will be sum extra stuff but all in all good people...

6. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    This forum runs well and the mods here do a good job.

7. island.

island. New Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Austria
    Club:
    AC Milan
    i am pretty happy with the quality of the milan-forum. traffic could be a bit higher but i don't mind it too much as i'm not checking the forum 24/7 either.

8. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Agree with you Island, traffic has certainly reduced in the past year or so.

I really think that people have been showing up less just because of the way the team has been playing. Especially last year this forum had been in a state of mass depression. At least the year before that we had the goodwill of our 2007 Champions League carry us through.

9. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i really enjoy this forum, even though i don't post often i do read your opinions. and it seems like everyone posting has a very good sense of the game and has been watching it for a while. i definately learn alot from what you guys post

10. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    i for one dont post as much/visit the site that often due to work...i dont think the guys that arent here nemore or as much is due to the fact that the team is not doin well..just that we have to work/school more and its inconvenient...

11. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I miss Spartak :(

12. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ^^ yeah a few of the regulars have disappeared.

13. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This forum is most assuredly much quieter over the past season or two. I peek in a few times a week, but have been so busy with Grad School and raising 2 daughters.

14. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah, it is always nice to have higher traffic, but I do feel that the traffic here is of a high quality compared to some other forums on here, so quality counts first over quantity. I'd take 1 well-reasoned post over 25 LAWLZ type posts any day.

With that being said, let's be honest, a lot of neutral traffic and even some milan fans (and not just bandwagon jumpers) are going to be attracted to a board when a team has players competing for ballon d'ors, and the team competing for big awards such as the cl plus the league. Just the nature of the cycles that the liga calcio is weak right now and on top of that, this isn't milan's finest hour so we're suffering a little bit from that "irrelevance" factor in attracting attention.

As for some of the posters who I wish were more active or were still here, yeah i wish spartak would post more as well, bobanfan would come back, and yeah cassano is still a hole at this board, and even I wish I could post more, of late I have dropped the ball, and haven't been here due to work and other things and have had to watch the matches on replay...I will try to make an effort to be a little active as well and contribute and hopefully we can get some more discussion going around matches. It is disheartening to see that we threads opened for a serie a weekend like 2 hours before a match. :eek:

I mean we criticize the players for not caring about serie a matches as much as they should, yet ironically we do the same thing here, myself included. :p

Enough on the negatives, now to the positives

I think we have a diverse group, not just geographically but from the opinions and preferences, yet for the most part we are pretty respectful. Yes, we all have our biases and preferences, but on this board I feel like I can talk to someone about seedorf and they can call for flamini, abate whoever yet it doesn't get nasty. Trust me, on other boards things like that almost have to be broken up by mods to keep every thread from self-destructing. So, in that sense I am kind of grateful, compared to the disaster that is the italy national team board right now, this one is a piece of cake to mod and the posters and visitors from other boards are to thank for that.

Please though, keep the thoughts and criticisms rolling in as they came to mind though. this thead will remain open for a while. :)

15. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I love this forum, I feel like Milan fans are far more even and balanced than other fans of Serie A clubs. Kind of a been there, done that, kind of vibe in terms of emotions regarding transfers, trophies, and the lack thereof. I just wish everyone would post more often here. Its easy to find out news on Milan nowadays with many more outlets than in the past, although in Italian. We should weigh in more on topics. Everyone keep up the good work, and post more!

16. Diecidue

Diecidue New Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Kansas City Area
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I really like this forum. I don't really post often, but I know I can come here for quality information about Milan whenever I need to. Most everyone is knowledgeable and quite a few of you are funny as well, so I get a laugh as well. It's been a tough time with Milan struggling, so it's been nice to read the posts of the fans who can take the longer view. I enjoy it very much. Thanks!

17. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ask and you shall recieve :)

18. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    welcome back!

where have you been?

I hope you and spartak will make visits more often.

19. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hey great to see you. What's up?

20. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm kind of embarrassed I just noticed this thread today and its been active for a year already. Thats partly due to having my subscribed threads page on one of my Mozilla quick-links and also because I didn't post much last season. Lets be honest though it was a dreadful season and I had morning meetings every Sunday so it made it difficult to catch the games.

I miss all you guys though. Spartak is a BigSoccer heavy weight, this dude was here with me and the guys during the very best and the very worst times but he was great to have on your side against the Premiership big-wigs. J -pick has got great insight into the team and has a lot of original ideas. Jawz is an optimist and very well informed, you need this guy to post more just to keep blood levels in check. Badger was a good poster but he left for whatever reason, Cassano was good too.

Anybody I left out don't take it personally you're all important to this forum and you're all smart guys.

I'm waiting in anticipation to relive the glory days when this forum was the envy of the boards and we were the big swinging dicks of Europe. Those were some of the best times and I basically lived on this forum for months on end. I hope and pray those days will come again and that they're not far away.

21. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good to have you back Canzano. Post a little more often. Always remember, misery loves company!

22. Kundale

Kundale New Member

May 3, 2007
    Nepal
    I don't think its just this board, but most of milan boards are pretty quiet due to less activity in the transfer market. I am more of a reader than a writer and this board has always impressed me with the analytical views and insights. Keep on rolling!!