State of the Forum Poll - W-League and WPSL

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by Crimson Ace, Nov 2, 2009.

?

State of the W-League & WPSL Forum?

1. The forum is going great.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The forum is okay - but room for some improvement.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The forum is a mess.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Crimson Ace

Crimson Ace Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 4, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Message from BigSoccer:

All - We are asking all forum members to give us some feedback about the state of our forums. We would be grateful if you would take a few moments to vote in the poll, but more importantly post your thoughts about how things are going in this forum. Anything is fair game - the moderators, the quality of the discussion, the amount of traffic, the forum structure, etc. Voting is useful, but we are most interested in ways you think BigSoccer and specifically this forum can be improved -- what we are doing right or wrong, and your thoughts generally about your use of this forum.

Thank you for any feedback you can provide!

2. babykhris

babykhris Member

Philadelpia Union
    Nov 30, 2008
    Philadlphia,PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to see a sub section devoted to the WPSL.

3. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This forum is no different than any of the other forums. The experience relies heavily on the members. We definitely saw a bit less traffic and discussions this year, which I place much of the "blame" on WPS. No knocks, but the big sister of the leagues is always going to get much more traffic. Saying that, this year was no different then when the WUSA began.

I will say that I don't necessarily agree with splitting the W-League and WPSL into different sub-folders. A couple years back maybe. But now, we don't have enough traffic as is. To use an example, with their move to the W-League, then their sudden drop in form this year, and the addition of the WPS Chicago Red Stars, the fans of FC Indiana were not as vocal about team results/play as they had been. I don't follow the WPSL anywhere near what I did, but I will say no one ever posted a thread on who won their championship this year. That should say something about the interest here.

So that I don't get flagged again for my former history of bashing the WPSL, the W-League interest/posts have dropped the past couple years as well. Again, the WPS has something to do with that, with posters following only one team. But I also think the commonality of the results in the W-League have pushed interest away from the casual observer (hey, look, Pali Blue and the Freedom won again! Woo-hoo). This, in my mind, is a by-product of the way the W-League has been structured for years. But it affects interest in the league. I personally miss the days when Boston, the Lady Riders and the Maryland Pride were in the same division battling it out against each other for a play-off spot. To me, the league seems to be missing those old rivalries.

To leave with one suggestion. it would be nice to see if we/BigSoccer could get teams and/or their reps start posting results/thoughts/pictures of games. Maybe a link on their own team pages to the board discussion.

4. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WPS does take the little trafic that women soccer generated in BS.