State of the Forum Poll - Olympics

Discussion in 'Olympics' started by soccernutter, Nov 16, 2009.

?

How is this forum doing?

1. The forum is going great.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The forum is okay - but room for some improvement.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. The forum is a mess.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Message from BigSoccer All - We are asking all forum members to give us some feedback about the state of our forums. We would be grateful if you would take a few moments to vote in the poll, but more importantly post your thoughts about how things are going in this forum. Anything is fair game - the moderators, the quality of the discussion, the amount of traffic, the forum structure, etc. Voting is useful, but we are most interested in ways you think BigSoccer and specifically this forum can be improved -- what we are doing right or wrong, and your thoughts generally about your use of this forum.

Thank you for any feedback you can provide!

2. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Basically it's going all right but with the "problem" of interest drop-off when no Olympics are taking place. I always found the politics and machinations of the Olympic Games and the IOC interesting, so I read about them year-round. I'll continue posting worthy news items in case people may have missed them and care to comment, usually in the "Next Olympics" news thread.

By the way, I know why the "Olympics Welcome" thread was closed, but what's the point of doing that if it's going to remain stickied? And why are the "Ticket Exchange" and "Medal Count" threads still stickied as well?

Let's face it, there isn't enough traffic here to justify any thread being given a sticky. It's not as if anything is going to get lost in the shuffle.

3. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forum was supposed to be closed between Olys, but appearantly was not (news to me!). I elected to keep it open as the Winters will be up in a few months.

I'll be cleaning this forum up over the holiday...

4. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    May I ask why this forum needs to be closed at all? Why can't it be kept permanently open?

5. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Traffic levels. Between Olys (apart from the month after the Olys and a month or two prior to the Olys), there has been maybe a post a month. Relevant/active threads have always been moved to the Sports forum.

6. AnxietyCoachJohn

AnxietyCoachJohn Red Card

Nov 23, 2010
    Santa Monica,CA
    i thing you are doing great .. some improvements to admin.... and do daily updates for your website ;D

7. nowscore

nowscore New Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    i am so excited about Olympics.. :)