State of the Forum Poll - Guatemala

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by edcalvi, Nov 3, 2009.

?

Your thoughts about the Guatemala Forum.

1. The forum is going great.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The forum is okay - but room for some improvement.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The forum is a mess.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Message from BigSoccer - We are asking all forum members to give us some feedback about the state of our forums. We would be grateful if you would take a few moments to vote in the poll, but more importantly post your thoughts about how things are going in this forum. Anything is fair game - the moderators, the quality of the discussion, the amount of traffic, the forum structure, etc. Voting is useful, but we are most interested in ways you think BigSoccer and specifically this forum can be improved -- what we are doing right or wrong, and your thoughts generally about your use of this forum.

Thank you for any feedback you can provide!

2. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Don't like the fact that we can't cuss... I mean what are we? 8 years old? I understand the whole not going at it with each other or attacking another nation, but cussing out of fustration or a casual f bomb or two shouldn't be restricted. I mean damn... We're Guatemalan! Every other word out of our mouths is a bad one!

3. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Vulgarity is informal and not very nice. You're right we are not 8 year olds and we should act like adults.

If you're gonna try to say any bad words make them look subtle in the text.

Yes, among vulgar Guatemalans.. (e; mareros, prostitutes) and not everyone speaks that way.

4. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    hahahah wut we guatemalans alwayz use at least a bad word in a conversation!!! thtz just us guates!!

5. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well i have a suggestion, i think as moderators you and Jfcule are doing a great job in organizing the whole thing in here, i do like to suggest something, i think as moderators you guys should keep us inform of things that are going on in our football not just disscussing a topic when one our members post it in here. I know we all are busy with our jobs and schools but i believe once you guys accepted the responsability of being a mod in here in our Guate thread that means informing all of us about our football and not just supervising who curses and who gets out of line. Now about what dezeptus said about the cursing stuff, well true we should not disrespect eachother in here but i think we could curse here like we normally do in our everyday lives, i mean el que no dice hueco, pisado, hijos de la guayaba, entonces no son chapines de pepa. I mean we dont act all proper like the king of England, for crying out lads we're chapines lets be who we are without trying to be fake. I think the mods are doing a great job organising things in here i just think they need to be more active in updating news about our football. True it's our responsability too but i think we should all share that responsability.

Aguante Guate :cool:

6. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    See, I disagree with this. That's not really what a mod's job is. Our responsibility is to keep the forum organized, and to make sure that posters are complying with the Terms of Service. Since mods are also members of their forum they can post news and start threads, but so can everyone else in the forum. It's not really our responsibility to "inform" anyone of anything. It's an open discussion forum, not my blog. Anyone can post news that he/she feels are relevant and want to discuss with others.

It's not my call whether you can cuss or not. There's a word censor for a reason, and if you agreed to the site's terms of service when you joined up, well then you can't cuss in here. It's not being fake, it's simply abiding the site's rules.

7. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well thats what makes this forum poll so interesting, that everyone is entitle to their opinion. True Jfcule is not your responsability or Popol to post anything in here, but if i was a mod, i will definetly makes this more interesting, making interesting topics for everyone to discuss and yes i would post info. about Guate aswell, without debating if i should or not post info about Guate, then again we have two mods in here, i have an idea, one organizes n the other opens new topics to discuss. What do you guys think??

8. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    the chapin forum is run quiet fantastic....