State of the Forum Poll - Baseball

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by ProfZodiac, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

State of the Forum

1. The forum is going great.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The forum is okay - but room for some improvement.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The forum is a mess.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Message from BigSoccer - We are asking all forum members to give us some feedback about the state of our forums. We would be grateful if you would take a few moments to vote in the poll, but more importantly post your thoughts about how things are going in this forum. Anything is fair game - the moderators, the quality of the discussion, the amount of traffic, the forum structure, etc. Voting is useful, but we are most interested in ways you think BigSoccer and specifically this forum can be improved -- what we are doing right or wrong, and your thoughts generally about your use of this forum.

Thank you for any feedback you can provide!

2. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: State of the Forum Poll

I think the baseball forum's doing OK. Unfortunately, this is a soccer forum so it's not going to be great, but I think it's serving its purpose to be perfectly honest.

3. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You never post here.

Really only Mets, Yankees and Phillies fans do their job here but for us it's a blast.

4. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

I've been posting during the playoffs, which is the only time I have a moderate interest in the sport.

5. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This has become BigBaseball as far as I'm concerned. I can't remember the last time I posted in the Arsenal forum or even anything soccer related.

We even talked WBC!

6. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate

I like the fact there's little blood-letting in the forum. We can actually discuss things in a relatively civilized manner, unlike many baseball sites which often resemble zoos.

I wish some teams threads were maintained throughout the season. I understand how disappointment and frustration can lead to non-posting, but even successful clubs seem to have few if any ardent fans around here. Strange.

7. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, I know. I think there were three of us Sox fans who posted regularly (me, BenReilly, and Jeff). I know Jeff's been really busy at work, and I've seen neither hide nor hair of BenReilly lately, so the Sox thread's taken a dip. I'll do better on that, I promise.

---

Question for all - I remember a couple of seasons ago I made a major effort to keep the forum very clean and organized, listing the team threads in a stickied post, trying to keep all of the threads identical in title. Did you find that that helped, hurt, or made no difference to your experience in the forum?

8. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

See those of us who actually post here are baseball fans, and I think the question was more directed towards us.

But I hope your lukewarm interest and repeating of what you saw posted here impressed some people at your local watercooler.

9. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate

It was a good idea, but with so little (if any) traffic for the vast majority of teams, it probably ended up not having made a noticable difference. However, it should still be encouraged as a policy.

10. el Rafaa

el Rafaa Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Somewhere in MA
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

I think that's a great idea, I wasn't a frequent poster back in time to see this.

11. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate

I'm perplexed as to why 3 people thus far have voted that the forum is okay but has room for improvement, yet there seem to be no comments about what it is that needs to be "improved."

Can any of those voters please be specific?

12. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I hate it for 2 reasons. First, I love having a little bit of customization in the thread title. Why shouldn't the Yankoff fans celebrate their title in every way?

Second, the stickied idea is even worse. Why should a Dodgers thread with 12 posts be in a higher position than the Phiilies/Mets rivalry thread just because it's official.

13. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully more people start posting on this forum when the season starts back up. I'd start a San Diego Padres thread but I think I'd be the only one posting there haha