State of the Ecuador Forum

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by damnecuadorian, Nov 2, 2009.

1. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Message from BigSoccer: All - We are asking all forum members to give us some feedback about the state of our forums. We would be grateful if you would take a few moments to vote in the poll, but more importantly post your thoughts about how things are going in this forum. Anything is fair game - the moderators, the quality of the discussion, the amount of traffic, the forum structure, etc. Voting is useful, but we are most interested in ways you think BigSoccer and specifically this forum can be improved -- what we are doing right or wrong, and your thoughts generally about your use of this forum.

Thank you for any feedback you can provide!

2. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I want the rep to be changed..it should be able to be handed out freely without having to spread it. It's the most annoying thing. Everything else is great IMO.

3. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Two words - SUB TOPICS

4. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Its probably a measure taken up against the idiots who would repeatedly rep each other to reach "stardom". Lolz

Anyway regardless something really should be done.

5. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Is that a rule set for all of BigSoccer or can each forum change the rule?

6. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I think its a general rule, I believe I read somewhere you must rep (either negative or positive) at least 10 people before giving out more rep to the first person. Something along those lines.

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    isn't that lame

8. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe that our forum should be structured. With General topics and then the subtopics or threads. We should be more organized like some other country's forums in BS. We are not that small of a community here in BS anymore and sometimes our threads get derailed or more than one thread is created for one topic.

I believe this should be the most important thing to do. Everything else will be solved if this improvement is made.

9. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Please, don't ban me.

10. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Exactly.

Most of the other countries have this structure (in parentheses are examples of what I think we should have).

Country (Ecuador)
    --------National Teams
    --------------Full Team
    --------------Youth Teams
    --------Clubs
    --------------Club 1 (LDU Quito)
    --------------Club 2 (Barcelona)
    --------------Club 3 (Emelec)
    --------Players Abroad
    -------------Player 1 (Antonio Valencia)
    -------------Player 2 (Christian Benitez)
    -------------Player 3 (Felipe Caicedo)
    --------NSR

Up to now, we've been extremely disciplined by keeping as much as possible in one thread. But have you ever tried to find something you or someone else said when a thread has >1,000 posts? Or, when there is something on Benitez, do you go to "Ecuatorianos en el exterior", or "Benitez - Official Thread"? There are a few other annoying things I can't think of right now with having only one page for threads.

Just like the national team, we've gotta renovate ;) .

11. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    and the rep

12. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    like somebody mentioned already sub headings/ sub categories

I'd say about 3 or 4... too many would divide participation.. just my 2cents

how about making an INDEX and have these sub headings like GENERAL (talk about anything. ie girls, country,music, beer etc...) PLAYERS (talk about favorite ecua players domestic and foreign) NATIONAL TEAM (talk about anything related to Ecuador NT sub 17, sub 20 and Senior teams) HEALTH (talk about sport medicine, work outs, nutrition, hobbies)

13. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    by "sub topics" and "sub headings" you guys mean "sub forums", right? If so, I'm for it. I would've really pushed for that if we qualified for the WC because then we would've gotten a huge number of new members. However, I do agree with you guys that we could use a revamp - and hopefully that would attract more visitors and posters.

rep I believe is a site-wide policy, so I'm not sure how easy it will be to make an exception for us. I'll definitely make your voices be heard, though.

14. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Yep

Since we didn't qualify for the WC, let's forget the whole Ecuador thing and just re-name the whole forum HEALTH.

15. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    we might as well.

16. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Make sure you keep the Ecua Girls and Off Topic Ecuador Forums. ;)

17. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    and the rep.

18. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes, I agree with Siempreazul !

19. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Honestly , I like the way this forum is. Everything is on one page becuase thats all the important/most discussed things.

20. santiago87

santiago87 New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree I think it's fine like this, but w.e Manolo says he is the coach lol

21. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    i like it the way it is maybe all the good threads are visible once you click the ecuador section if you do sub threats it get annoying becuse you see the section but not the actual link to the thread and sometimes theres one in the sub topic section and one in the main fourm (also for new members it can be confussing and it gives the impresion there isnt much activity becuse the threads that most of the activity happens are hidden in the sub topic links) idk if theres a way to label directly in the main fourm i would be for it like haveing the main form divided in 4 section but still on the same page

22. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    agree 100%

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  24. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Basing this comment purely on the Valencia thread, but kudos to the regulars on this forum for being mostly rational and making me check on the thread every once in a while to see what Ecuadorean NT supporters think of Valencia's performances. This most definitely cannot be said for certain other boards on BS where such threads only serve the purpose for hero-worship.

So, well done again.