State Health Scoreboard

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Blitzz Boy, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Insurance/Insureyourhealth/P35618.asp

Moderators, go ahead & delete this or merge it. I think we covered this in another topic.

But this article fascinates me.

It's so seldom that we Utahns get to claim Scoreboard. I have the horrible feeling that our MLS team is going to make people forget about the 99 Metrostars & the 03 Burn. And our MLS team will win a title before the Jazz do. And if you think that BYU deserved the 1984 National Championship, well; sorry, Acid & Peyote are also against the Word Of Wisdom.

When you look at the top of the Healthy State List, you see that the states have almost nothing in common. Good skiing, maybe? The top 3 states are in 3 different time zones.

The closest Minnesota has ever come to being conservative is electing Jesse Ventura. But 70% of Utah thinks that voting Democrat is a sin against God.

New Hampshire, Vermont & Connecticut are near the top of the list, which is to be expected because aren't these also some of the (per capita) wealthiest states? But Utah's per capita income is down there with West Virginia & Mississippi.

2. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    I'm pretty aggravated that Mississippi passed us for the bottom again. I guess as far as Utah goes there is something to be said for a healthy lifestyle, even if it is religion-based.