News: StartingEleven Magazine a new online North American soccer news and commentary website is looking...

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by StartingEleven, Feb 13, 2009.

1. StartingEleven

StartingEleven New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Calgary
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The project is a free magazine dealing with past and current issues that deal with soccer in North America and how it translates to the growing culture. As well as how the world game perceives and is perceived by the North American fan-base.

The business model is quite simple in that the magazine will pay for itself through advertising, for right now we have started a website http://www.startingelevenmagazine.com or http://www.startingeleven.ca that contains some commentary on local and world soccer news items. when we get a broader and more diverse network going we will introduce the free paper magazine that will be available to any who wish to subscribe, FREE!

What we're really looking for is a collaborative environment amongst the football fans of the world that wish to voice their opinion and thoughts concerning the "beautiful game" much like what BIGSOCCER has here but with a specific mandate to expand the game in Canada and the US. If you wish to join our little venture whether it be through writing an article or just going to the site and giving your opinion please do. You can email comments@startingeleven.ca or submit@startingelven.ca

Remember this is a start up site so the content is not as diverse and vast as other big sites but you got to start somewhere. All of the content and site management has been done by one person (me) with some contributions from friends, but we hope that through forums such as these we can connect with people who are willing to volunteer and commit some time to growing the game in North America. We can't pay anyone yet... but we will. ;)

Thank you all, and heres to getting the beautiful game to finally break through Big in North America.

2. futsalguy

futsalguy New Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Re: StartingEleven Magazine a new online North American soccer news and commentary website is lookin

sounds like a neat project. As someone who has dabbled into print media before you may wish to delay the print costs as much as possible lol. The online mags are the way of the future for sure.

3. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Re: StartingEleven Magazine a new online North American soccer news and commentary website is lookin

Make sure you properly license the photos you use. If you are looking for images, feel free to contact me.

YCJ Photos was born from our need for images for the Emerald City Gazette

4. StartingEleven

StartingEleven New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Calgary
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

I've got a contract with IconSportsMedia.com and all other photos I have on site are free ed license or taken by StartingEleven Magazine.

5. shirincfp

shirincfp New Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Club:
    --other--

I liked the content on this site. Would like to visit again.http://www.chennaiflowerplaza.com

6. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City

Why does the actual link go to saadexxxx when you typed out chennaixxxx? you're not spamming the board are you?

7. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I believe so - it says he is a newbie.