Starting Line Up

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Arsonists, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Arsonists

Arsonists New Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Banks of Plum Creek
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    What will it look like for the first 2 games? Thanks.

2. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I'll take a stab...

(Given that there are no players injured, transferred, or incarcerated)

Code:
    	Jimbo	Guddy

Zenden	Lampard	Petit	Gronkjaer

LeSaux	Terry	Desailly	Melchiot

Cudicini

3. The Year Was1955

The Year Was1955 New Member

Jul 30, 2002
    Couple things

Terry lacks match fitness so he won't play, Guddy has yet to participate in a preseason game so he won't play, while Gallas and Petit are doubtful.

Plus Ranners has been giving first choice to De Lucas and Baba not Gronks and Soxy. (which I agree with)

So it might look more like this

Zola/Cole Jimbo
    Zenden Petit Lampard De Lucas
    Baba Desailly Gallas Melchiot
    Cudicini

But keep in mind that could easily change as Petit and Gallas have pretty big question marks hanging around em.

Plus I would go with Cole instead of Zola personally, but don't know if Ranners will.

4. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Injured Eidur to miss start of season

Eidur Gudjohnsen is set to miss the start of the season after failing to appear for Chelsea's reserves against Woking last night...

This is London

Gudjohnsen, Petit, and Le Saux are all expected to miss the Charlton match.

5. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    considering the injuries...

Zola Jimbo
    Zenden Lampard De Lucas Oliviera
    Baba Desailly Gallas Melchiot
    Cudicini

Is Gallas fit? Huth to play if the lad is out, already looks like we need more cover CB/CM. Did I mention Dino Baggio?

6. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington
    I think

Petit will be ready come Saturday and Gallas as well.

----------------------Carlo-------------
    Melchiot--------Gallas---------Desailly-------Baba
    De Lucas-------Lampard--------Petit------Zenden
    -----------------Jimmy-----------Zola-----------

If Gallas can't go, then Melchiot slips into CB and Ferrer plays RB. If Petit can't go, then either Keenan fills in or De Lucas goes to CM with Gronks at RW. Those aren't my choices, just what I think the gaffer will do.

7. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Agreed MST

That would be the team as i see it MST.

Pity about the injuries though as i can't see him giving Baba the nod over Le Saux.He seems to have taken a shine to the lad since that 3-3 draw at crapford.

There can of course be no doubt that he would have Guddy and Jimbo up the front.

Taking a stab in the Dark here i will go out on a limb..ridicule me if you wish :)...and say that when/if Terry comes back that Desailly will lose out.
    Why?
    Because he is the most dispensible of the lot at the CB position.
    We need to keep Gallas and Terry here for a few years to come.Pretty obvious why.
    Dessa is on the downside of a fantastic career and hopefully he will accept it with class the way Zola has.

If De lucas proves himself against quality opposition that at least will sort out 2/3 of the middle as it probably will be Lumpy and (ex)Pony when fit.Bolo on the right?Perhaps.Definitly when Le saux is playing, perhaps not when Baba gets the nod as he tend to eff nup a bit on geting back to do his primary job IE defend.

There ye have it in a perfect day at the Bridge.

8. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington
    Perfect day at the Bridge

I can't wait to get back this fall, this 100+ degree heat is killing me. They said the heat index was 121 here today. F*ing ridiculous.

Looking to get back in the early fall, maybe Sept 28th v the Hammers. Can't wait for a crisp, cool windy afternoon, sausage baguettes and a few pints outdoors at the White Horse, and then the traditional post-victory binge somewhere on the Fulham Road while laughing at the sad eastenders hopping back on the tube.

I don't think I've found an afternoon here that quite compares...

9. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Lucky you.
    I hope to get back net summer of the summer after myself..but not for a game though.
    The consequences of marrying a yank..:)
    She won't have any of it.Wants to go "in the summer when it's nice"
    Still, it would be interesting to see first hand how things have changed.

Some of the lads on the Priemiership site are saying that real soon we will have to pay to listen on the internet as all the top flight clubs are going to charge to listen to their broadcasts?
    Hear anything about that?