Starting 11 for upcoming season

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by tomas_brolin, Jul 5, 2005.

1. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    I am a Pedro Mendes fan and I am for him playing next to Carrick.

If we are going to have 2 out-and-out wingers running down both wings and crossing from the touchline like Routledge & Lennon, then I am for us playing a defensive duo in the centre, ultimately creating the Spurs engine room.

If we are going to play Reid, and only one winger, then I feel we need an attacking midfielder. Tainio isn't an attacking midfielder.

The Beast could play there, but I do doubt we'll sign him. I would try and sign Westley Sneijder or Tomazs Rosicky. Both are valued at around £6 million and worth every penny.

2. LuisFabiano

LuisFabiano New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The statement about Barca not having more than 4 european players or something like that. Can you explain what the rule is about and why?

BTW why do you guys call me Frank?

3. Rmort99

Rmort99 New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    So French Frankie Frankster, frankly i think you'll find this rule pertains to spanish law. 'Not too many bloody foreigners please, we're spanish dontcha know'. Apparently because they have a habit of nicking everyone elses fish, the spanish have decided that too many south americans are bad for the game (they're generally poor and often on welfare benefits), which is strange as Villareal have about 12 argies in their squad. Presumably they have an expert passport forgery operation in-house.

Anyway, the real reason is because spain just likes to be different and have some strange laws.

Does this clear things up? No. Oh

4. tomas_brolin

tomas_brolin Member

Jan 27, 2004
    Geneva, IL
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    there is nothing to dignify you since you support spurs, chelscum AND real madrid...............

no offense.

5. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    He's taken off Chelsea from his profile for now, but come 1st September 2005, it will be Chelsea and not Spurs.