Start showing your desire for a team Miami! I want MLS to come back to Miami!!

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Lucho305, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110...asons-why-new-york-should-not-get-another-mls

Just read number 8...

Miami has to be more involved if they want a team down here, in reality I think we are really the ones set to get the next expansion slot....

St. Louis just got into the NASL and Jeff Cooper was the one behind the MLS push for a team in St. Loui but he is the commisioner of NASL, that dream is dead

New York for now can only support one team in MLS right now, Reb Bulls might have a new stadium but I seriously dont think NY can have naother team right now...

I believe only LA can do that because Galaxy always had more history and more fans so bringing Chivas wasn't bad at all... but New York is not there yet first expand to the Southeast (Miami and Tampa) establish pro/rel with NASL and then and only then have a second NY team through pro/rel that way that NY team will grow on you, instead of you wanting to grow on it lool confusing but I hope some of you get me...

So Miami/South Florida are you ready for MLS???

We need it we desire it.... I have been watching MLS an dit has been growing, I love to watch highlights in MLSsoccer.com and everytime the home team scores the crowds sound louder and louder every season... the passion is growing...

If Miami gets a shot im sure we will be the Yankees of the MLS, SFLA is the gateway to the Americas, alot of good can happen for Miami if MLS comes back and I mean alot (Yankees of the MLS) all the south American woul dwant to play here, they would feel so comfortable here and feel at home....

Look at my signature below... GARBER wake up!!!

2. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Garber doesn't need to wake up, Miami needs to wake up. MLS does not need Miami. Miami needs to show that it can be a solid city for the league.

So far the city has done nothing.

3. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bingo.

Funny thing is, NYC has shown that it can be solid for the league. The Borough Boys have been doing all sorts of stuff from meeting with prospective investors, to organizing support for New York FC (USL), to meeting with players in the parks and streets playing the game trying to galvanize support. Don't see any of that at all in Miami.

4. TBR10

TBR10 New Member

May 9, 2010
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Originally Posted by CCSUltra
    Garber doesn't need to wake up, Miami needs to wake up. MLS does not need Miami. Miami needs to show that it can be a solid city for the league.

So far the city has done nothing.
    Bingo.

I agree. Avoid any more gambles.

5. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um ok what gambles are these? If I recall correctly Miami and Tampa failed because of ownership, not fan attendance or lack of support.. Failed ownership is the cause, so how does that make it a gamble? Dolphins, Marlins, Heat dont get that much support down here because in reality it isnt the main sport down here soccer is....

Miami had an average attendance the final season at 11,000.. Thats higher than some teams today.. So please wise ass, where is the gamble in that, if anything the attendance should be greater now.. THe MLS was the most horrible league to follow as a soccer fan back from 96 to 2000's, it was a bush league with rules never heard of in the game of soccer..

The miami fan who knows and knew way more soccer at that point than any place in the US, should have never appeared at those games but guess what they did!! So as MLS ha grown up and is more normal than before it should be more succesful now..

I dont understand why the whole US is bias against Miami when the folding was at fault of the Horrowitz dude!! The horrible owner the Fusion had!! Give Miami a chance..

The bad bid by FC Barca was heading down the same lane, pulling back the bif because Beckham went to Milan? Was a stupid reason for the team to pull..

BECKHAM is the answer if he can get a team it should be Miami, him having experience in the league, he should have a mindset of what the fans want in the MLS..

Um first of all the USL first division is done as we speak, and second of all FCNY is not going to happen.. im sorry, I can see a second MLS team but not a USL team, maybe in the secodn division USL or PDL... Good luck with that..

Stop being negative towards Miami... Haters

6. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobody is being negative about Miami. We simply object to your tone that the league needs Miami and that the league should be racing to put a team in the city. It shouldn't. The league is doing just fine without Miami. There is no ownership group interested in putting a team in Miami.

If Miami can come up with a dedicated ownership group with a plan for a SSS, then by all means, Miami should get a team. Until then, Miami is no different than any other expansion candidate.

7. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh stop.

You can continue to whine (unfounded btw) about how "EVERYONE HATES MIAMI!!". Or you can get off your lazy ass and mobilize to get some action going. Just like the Sons of Ben did in Philly. Just like SSV did in San Jose. Just like the Barra and Screaming Eagles are doing in DC. Just like the Timbers Army did in Portland. Just like the Texian Army and El Battalon did in Houston, and JUST LIKE THE BOROUGH BOYS ARE DOING IN NYC. Hell, even the fans here in Seattle mobilized to ensure that we kept the name of our team intact.

Stop acting like an entitled little brat, get the hell up out of your mom's basement, and f**king start a supporters group...ANY group, of like minded people and come up with a plan to generate interest in the Miami market.

Antique repped this.
  8. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We have a couple actually Ultras, Southern Legion, and South Florida Fanaticos.... And LOL we dont have basements in Miami!!

Ofcourse man we are trying, we go to the Miami FC games... but um yea people are not word of mouth type like everyother city and Seattle, Im sure people listen to one another and take there words for it, here its basically everyman for itself, you her something from one guy and obviously youcan trust anyone... What im saying is that in people in Seattle are weak minded and Naive, so when someone says Sounders FC is a great experience everyone will believe it go out and enjoy the game, which is a positive by all means ofcourse...

Here in MIami people have their own thing going on, if I tell somebody Miami FCiss a great experience basically they will laugh at you, or be like yea ok sure, ill go and then on gameday nowhere to be found..

So yea lets just say ignorance is the key killer to getting another team down here.. Thanks MIami

9. TBR10

TBR10 New Member

May 9, 2010
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobody is being negative about Miami. We simply object to your tone that the league needs Miami and that the league should be racing to put a team in the city. It shouldn't. The league is doing just fine without Miami. There is no ownership group interested in putting a team in Miami.

If Miami can come up with a dedicated ownership group with a plan for a SSS, then by all means, Miami should get a team. Until then, Miami is no different than any other expansion candidate.

Guess what? I agree.. stop being sensitive

10. Fenerbace

Fenerbace Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkey
    :cool:

Lucho305 repped this.
  11. DiamondsYank

DiamondsYank New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    NYC Metro Area
    No disrespect to Miami because I grew up there and have a lot of love for the city, but Miami sports fans are as fairweather as they get. Seen Marlins games when they're not having a good season? How about Heat games when they're down by 20 heading into the 4th? There's just so much to do in Miami, and the weather's generally so nice. People have better things to do than sit in an arena or stadium for 3 hours. Now imagine trying to generate a solid fanbase for a sport that is still in its infancy in terms of general viewership in this country.

And for the love of all that is holy just drop the Pro/Rel debate already. It will never work. Period. Not in this country. You know why Pro/Rel works elsewhere? Because you have clubs with deep ties to their communities. Deep rooted history. The community lives for their club. They're like an extended family. We don't have "clubs" in America. We have franchises. Franchises that can pack up their things and move if they're not making a profit. What would happen to a Miami franchise if they got relegated? Look no further than Miami FC's average attendance. That alone should be reason enough for you to understand why Pro/Rel will never work in this country. This is a major league country. We don't care much for minor leagues. Not in the large metropolitan cities at least.

12. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea I think your right on that part, with the Marlins, Heat, any other Miami team, but how about if Miami is the gateway to South America and soccer does flourish here alot, I mean we have 2 homegrown USMNT playing in South Africa... Altidore and Bedoya...not that it matters but that soccer is everywhere here in Miami...

Times are different now, like I said before if MLS was so bush league in the beginning (w/ backward clock, penalty shoot-out to determine winners) if they were able to fill up a stadium with 11,000, what is it to say they can't do it now? Now that they are getting better and more famous players, numebr one, and 2, they have grown to become alot better and look like a real league.... There is more international players on teams, better play, more tournaments (internationally) more TV presence, more respect.. (Beckham)(possibly Thierry Henry:D)

If Miami was to get a team, I think it would be a different story... People in Miami want a winning team right?... Having Heat, Dolphins, Marlins play for a title once a year doesnt really get a Miami fan... An MLS team has a chance to win atleast 1 out of 2 titles a year maybe even three (MLS cup, US Open, CCL, SuperLiga)...

So you can't compare NFL MLB NBA team attendance due to not winning...in American sports you start bad in a season your pretty much screwed, In MLS you can be the worse in MLS season but yet have a chance to win other titles the same year... So attendance shouldn't be an issue if it determines winning.....

And dont bring up the attendance in Miami FC, its not the same animal... Miami FC doesnt do good in attendance because honestly I hate to sound big headed, and arrrogant but Miami deserves a top flight league soccer team... Im surprised they have survived this long.. Other minor league teams never made it so long....

I mean honsetly, I WOULDNT cheer on for a team that cant go anywhere, just sitting ducks in a league inferior to top division(Miami FC) but I do because its all I got. Most people in Miami dont root for a second division team, and if this team was to get relegated, im going to still be there cheering on for Miami team, if your ashamed then get out of here, you dont belong..

Pro/Rel:

I understand that it is going to be hard to get it over here, but I think eventually it will come, I seriously hate it when people despise pro/rel, but pro/rel is a part of soccer as is two goals in a field of soccer... Its part of the game, and if you are not going to have it, then so be it, but until they establish pro/rel America wont get a feel for soccer...

And again Miami FC does not count in your argument because lets say Miami FC was in NASL, and there was pro/rel there would be more to play for in the season to win the championship and get to MLS there would probably be more fans at the stadium!!

And for the MLS teams now if there team was to get relelgated and they wont go for their team then obviously they arent real fans!!

And for your last sentence, soccer is not that infant to Miami, I dont think it ever was? Maybe American soccer yes, but not futbol... This is kind of what im talking about when I said that MLS was bush league and still had a great attendance number in its last year, but now that it is more normal, better players international players, it can get bigger here in Miami...

Miami has to get another chance, I dont know when but with great ownership group and alot of exposure it would be big...

13. SpaceAddict

SpaceAddict New Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just thought I would add my latest mock-ups using tradional "miami" teal. I will be working on other color schemes (except red)... Gimme your thoughts..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nice man, cant wait for the other ones, what does the C stand for?

Just a question, Why no red? Well how bout Miami flag colors like orange and green or better yet blue with white...lol just keep bringin the ideas.. I like this one though how would it look if it was white instead of gray...

15. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forgot to ADDD, I love the name MAGIC CITY

16. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    check out MLSMiamibid.com

sign season ticket dedication get MLS 20 to Miami!!

17. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

OKAY. This is a good start. This is the shit I'm talking about. This is what Garber was talking about when he said before that he didn't get a lot of passion or excitement from Miami regarding MLS. THIS is how it's done. Still have much to do but it's a good way to start off.

Are YOU going to be part of this site, Lucho305? Are you going to send an email to that link on their page to do your part to bring MLS to Miami? This is how it's starts bud. Just ask the Sons of Ben.

Lucho305 repped this.
  18. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well Im not part of it but I kind of know the people behind it... Im excited they started something like this, the people behind it also said they are going to pass out flyrers with this link to bars around Miami that are showing world cup matches.. So that is good, Im hoping maybe we can get enough attention to catch some celebs out here, Maybe Chad Ochocinco I know he loves soccer and maybe he would support this bid, if it packs enough punch around the city....

19. SpaceAddict

SpaceAddict New Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The "C" Stands for City...

No red because a lot of tems in MLS have red, I will be doing the mock up in blue/white, green/orange, black/white maybe even a purple/white...

Suggestions??

20. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice man yea, Im down for those color options...

I've always liked FC porto's Kits for a Miami team... even Manchester city's baby blue kits same as Miami FC away kits...

How about a white and orange? or purple and black or blue and black

21. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Purple and black almost always looks great. Check out Corinthians' third kit. It's stunning.

22. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like the name FC Magic City(or just "Magic City" for short). If it were up to me any future Miami MLS team would adopt the Fusion name and adopt the history(like the new SJ Quakes or Cleveland Browns). But for a new start I like Magic City. I think you need to make the text on it a bit larger. Maybe have the "sash" with the team name extend past the oval and on to the C shape.

Love the teal. As far as combos I would try teal and purple. The D-Backs and (Mighty) Ducks abandoned that color scheme so it would be unique to North American sports. It would fit well with Miami.

With any luck, a Miami MLS team wearing teal/aqua would make a trifecta of South Florida teams wearing it, joining the Dolphins and Marlins. Me and my brother started a facebook group called "Keepin' it Teal" in an effort to rally support among Marlins fans to force the team to keep it's awesome colors when they become the Miami Marlins in 2012, which they currently aren't planning to do because the owner is a douche who thinks "teal is a color of the 90s".

Anyway nice idea. I like Italian style oval crest too, because no MLS team has that(except the Fusion who had one on it's side).

23. A Hugh Jass

A Hugh Jass Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Myrtle Beach
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    to much blue and black in MLS what about purple/green or purple/teal or orange/teal

24. DiamondsYank

DiamondsYank New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    NYC Metro Area
    Much as I like Magic City (although it rolls off the tongue nicer with FC after Magic City than before it) as well, I have a funny feeling there would be legal issues with the Orlando Magic.

25. DiamondsYank

DiamondsYank New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    NYC Metro Area
    I hear what you're saying, but only soccer fans know about all the different competitions like CCL, SuperLiga, US Open Cup, etc. To the mainstream fan (and I mention this because to be successful you can't rely solely on hardcore fans, you need to attract mainstream fans as well) the MLS season is the only competition.

Agreed. My comment wasn't that MLS can't pull good attendance in Miami because Miami FC can't even get 2k people a game. It was a statement of why Pro/Rel won't work in this country. America likes quality, top flight teams. We have a passing interest, if even that, in minor leagues. But they're never taken seriously.

Whoa! Hold on a second buddy. Who said anything about hating Pro/Rel? I think it's great in the rest of the world. My argument is for why it won't work in America. I never said anything about hating it or despising it.

I'm sorry but we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Like I said before. Americans don't like minor leagues. Even if there's a chance to gain promotion to the top flight, the average American sports fan will still not go to the games. I hear what you're saying, but you're thinking from a Latino perspective so of course you have passion for your team regardless of what division they're in. Most American sports fans have short term memories. If you're not major league, they're not interested.

Again. You're thinking from your Latin perspective. Of course soccer isn't in its infancy to the Latin American immigrant. But to the average American sports fan, national interest in the beautiful game didn't really start popping up till around the time we hosted the World Cup. Sure there are soccer hotbeds scattered around the country, but as a nation, we have only just recently begun to embrace the sport.