Start of the Season

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by DylanPresman, Aug 14, 2021.

1. DylanPresman

DylanPresman Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Rockville, Maryland
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The early part of the season rarely defines anything, but what do you think of the shape of things so far?

The season started off loud and with loads of energy, but the actual result against Millwall has to be considered a bit of a disappointment; two points dropped at home. Scrapping past lower division opponents in the Cup is hardly satisfying, but we have done worse, so I'll take it. Plus, it is nice to see that we know how to take penalties (unlike the national team). And then 3-0 away to Hull. Brilliant result. The common theme of all three games is that we definitely can move the ball and at times we have real class.

We haven't completely gelled yet and we haven't quite figured out how we are going to score, and yet we have been scoring so can't complain about that, can we. If this is us without having figured out the route to goal, then that is pretty damn good. Innit!?

2. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed that we haven't completely gelled yet, but things are looking pretty good. While I'm a bit disappointed at the home league results, even the Barnsley game shows a great fight-back spirit, and 6 points from trips to Hull and Boro make up for for a few points dropped at home. Overall, we're looking to be tough to beat and that we'll have a bit of a spark, as well, so I'm more positive about our chances this season than any year since our last relegation. However it turns out, we should be fun to watch this season.