Star Wars: Battlefront

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Dills, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welp, guess I'm a moron and an idiot. We can't all have refined tastes in games.

Dills repped this.
  2. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moron over here too, been having fun with the game since Saturday. I blew up an AT-AT walker on Endor! And I don't even know or care what level I am.

3. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Correct. I played the "beta", when in reality it was a demo, though. I collated the critic reviews and bullet pointed the most cogent parts for ease of consumption. I really do not like wasting my money so no, I have not bought this game and I will not buy this game. It is not worth the asking price.

I think they rushed it out to tie in with the movie. If they were not going to have proper single player content then they had better make sure the multiplayer was incredible. They did not do that. Once the graphical veneer wears off, you are left with a game with very little content and with that, very little reason to keep on playing especially when other high quality games have been released very recently.

4. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you playing single player or multiplayer?

5. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I officially make it a drove of us now. Picked it up at lunch, but too bad I probably won't be able to play tonight. A Star Wars Battlefront fan does not an idiot nor a moron make.

Seeing 58k+ viewers on Twitch tells me there are fans of this game, especially on launch day. For reference, FO4 is at 63k+, and CoDBlOpsIII (LMAO) is over 32k.

[​IMG]

Not much will take me away from my beloved Destiny, even though that game is starting to feel stale and repetitive to me. Never been much of a Call of Duty fan, except back when it was a WW2 game. Hated the first Fallout, and could never bring myself to play another one.

6. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, how are all the morons and idiots liking the game?

7. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I looked on gamestop and the reviews were awful lol... Then i noticed the game is 60 dollars and you get 4 maps and then you can get another 12-18 maps with the 50$ season pass... LOL what a ripoff.

Plus, i realized its only multiplayer only... Kinda lame i would have liked some sort of single player/ story mode.

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I played a bit last night, I enjoyed it. It is absolutely gorgeous. I had fun playing in the MP portion.

Dills repped this.
  9. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/star-wars-battlefront
    You need to be clearer about this, though. There are four (4) locations initially: Hoth, Endor, Tatooine, and Sullust, with a fifth (Jakku) coming on Dec 1st (or 8th if you didn't preorder). There are 8 or 9 gametypes, which would make the maps larger or smaller depending on the players per side, I believe.
    Don't really know what kind of single player/story mode they could've implemented. I'd imagine between the next trilogy of movies, and the anthology films, there is canon being touched upon that they'd like to not do through a video game.

10. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It is a rip off. The game is truely odious. As a Star Wars fan I was hoping we get a quality game but no, we get an half baked cash grab of a title. I was not expecting all the modes from Battlefront II from back in the day but at least some sort of meaningful content. There is none. Look at this:

That is leaked footage from the Star Wars Battlefront III alpha back from 2008. How the hell has an alpha from 8 years ago got more substantial content then this game? Seriously? Imagine that game with the graphics from 2015 and you got a Game of the Year contender in a year, up there with Metal Gear Solid V, The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4. That would have been amazing, but no, we are left with an aneamic release.

I have been reading user reviews from people who bought the game and they are bad. EA DICE need to go back to the drawing board and make a proper full fledged sequel with Galatic Conquest, space battles and all the rest of it. What a dissapointment. This game can not even make a metacritic of 80% which is worse than Call Of Duty. LOL. You go on Amazon.com and it has 50% user reviews. Even Fallout 4 is outselling it on there and that is a week old and this just launched. Awful. EA DICE need to offer customers value not fleece them.

Sal repped this.
  11. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Multiplayer, the single player stuff is just simple training sort of missions, one of them is a fun speeder bike chase on Endor.

Still enjoying it. I've now gotten around to playing all the game modes and was surprised at how many of them I enjoy. Figured other than Supremacy and Walker Assault the rest would just be throw away but actually they are fun.

I've been thinking about that too and kinda wonder the same, Disney seems to want a firm hold on the canon and not let it get out of hand like it did, which right now I am fine with. Though I did read a suggestion on another board that I agree with, the training missions could have easily been fleshed out a bit more (right now they are fairly barebones) and if anything there could have been more along the lines of Spec-Ops missions from COD. No real story just smaller scale battles taking place within the material EA/DICE was allowed to work with.

12. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you've played it?
    Different tech. Different game engine. Different developer.
    Metacritic user rating for Battlefront - 4.7
    Metacritic user rating for Call of Duty - 3.8
    That's LOL worthy.

13. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, I played the beta and it sucked. Oh yeah, you thought the beta was exactly that did not you, a beta?! Not a playable demo? LOL! And that "buzzword" datamine? How did that go again? Oh yeah, it was 100% spot on. I am not spending money like an idiot on game that is not worth it. I can just read everyone elses opinions about this game along with critic reviews and my impressions from the "beta" and conclude this game absolutely sucks. That is called being a responsible and intelligent consumer. Finding out about the products I spend my money on. How is that "day one" patch?

Better tech. Better game engine. Better developer. Should be a better game. I do not know if you noticed but games are supposed to get better not worse with time, especially when the tools available are better. Next time when there is one map and one gun, you will be here making excuses still? I would not be suprised. SMH.

No, what is LOL worthy is the fact you actually do not get it. I am actually using Call Of Duty as the lowest measuring stick because Call of Duty is horrible. The fact this game gets lower critic shows how bad it is. You are claiming a Metacritic User Rating of 4.7 is somehow a victory. Seriously? 4.7 is lower than half. As Metacritic itself decribes it, "generally unfavourable reviews". In layman's terms, people think the game sucks. It is in the red. It is garbage. It sucks critically and from a user standpoint is even worse. Are you really not able to see that? People think the game sucks. 4.7 out of 10 is NOT a good rating.

If you think the game is great, good for you. Go ahead and play the game. The fact is, that is not the general consensus. The general opinion is that this game sucks. Or what, somehow everyone else is wrong and you are right? Are you kidding me? LOL.

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For someone who doesn't like Battlefront and thinks that the people who play it are morons and idiots, you sure do hang out a lot around here.

15. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well he saved me from wasting 60$ on it lol... Don't know if I'll buy fallout or not though... maybe Borderlands used for 5$ now that backwards capability is out for xb1.

Taib repped this.
  16. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL.

You still refering to that off-the-cuff remark? That moron comment really hurt did it not? Ouch. That is where you are wrong. I think people who pre-ordered this garbage game are morons and idiots. Is pre-ordering clever? Nope, especially when reviews and impressions are not out. That is why a person with an iota of intelligence waits for them. They are out now and in the "most helpful" reviews on, let us say amazon.com, you can read people telling others not to buy the game and having buyers remorse. Like I said they would and one even asks for a refund after 24 hours.
    http://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B00W8FYFBA/ref=acr_zeitgeist_text?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
    There you go. Why do not you write a review Dante? How many people would find it helpful? I am guessing two.

I do because I do it out of kindness to help people out. Go back to the first page and I never replied once. My first post on this thread was a reply to SpencerNY when they asked for opinions on whether Battlefront was a reskinned version of Battlefield. I helped SpencerNY out. No one else did. My posts are informative unlike yours.

My second post was reply to Dills where I explained how the beta was just a demo and that people already datamined the game and found it to be lacking content. I was right on all accounts. Again informative. My third was a reply to Dill's counter where I explained how he was wrong.

My fourth post was reply to ttrevett where they asked for reviews. I collated the reviews and in simple bullet point fashion wrote the pros and cons of the game. Once again, informative and helping a fellow consumer out. My fifth post was a reply to ttrevett explaining the method in my prior reply. I also gave my thoughts on why this game does not live up to expectations.

My sixth post was a reply to Sal where I concurred that this game is a rip off. I also showed the previous cancelled alpha from 2008 and how it is superior showing in terms of content to this year offering. I also said that I had been reading reviews from people who bought the game and commented on the missteps and what EA DICE need to do to make a game people would be satisfied with. Again, informative.

My seventh post is a reply to Dills where I mostly explain that people think this game is garbage and how a user rating of 4.7 is nothing to holler about. I also explain how an intelligent and responsible comsumer acts. Again informative.

My eighth post is reply to you on how I explain my posts through this thread and how I help everyone out in case you have not figured that out yet.

As we can clearly see I am helping people out. Anything else, I can help you with, Dante?

17. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Exactly. Happy to serve a fellow consumer.

There is also a Borderlands triple pack which includes all three Borderlands games and all the DLC for Playstation 3. It costs $50 though.

http://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-T...78031&sr=8-1&keywords=borderlands+triple+pack

Pretty sure if you wait long enough it will get discounted or wait for used.

Sal repped this.
  18. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I have xbox 1. I might just go pick up borderlands used for 6$ tomorrow. I don't know if the triple one will work with backwards capability. Or maybe the game of the year one for 19$
    http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/borderlands/68442
    http://www.gamestop.com/browse/storesearch.aspx?sku=952765

19. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lol. I thought you had a Playstation 3 as well. Get the Game of the Year for $19 if you want the 4 DLC packs included. The Secret Army of General Knox is good, the others not so much.

20. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I do have one, but haven't really used it as there's been some sort of glitch with it where I haven't been able to download the latest software update for a while so i cant use any online features. smh

Here is my problem:
    http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/random-thoughts-on-video-games.1540932/page-67#post-31625808

21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think I will ever be able to get over the trauma you have inflicted upon me. My psyche is shattered now realizing that I made a colossal mistake buying a game I enjoy playing. If only I heeded your warnings I would have been spared the embarrassment of paying for this game. Oh whatever shall I do?

Maybe next time I will take your warnings more seriously. That way I won't feel like a moron AND an idiot.

Dills repped this.
  22. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the thing, though. I, and others, may think it's good, and yet it seems to rub you the wrong way.
    I appreciate your approval. For a minute there I thought I wasn't allowed to play it.
    Now you're just trying to put words in my mouth. The fact is, I have an opinion that may differ from the general consensus, and frankly, in this case, I'm glad I'm not one of the lemmings falling off that cliff. I've played games long enough to develop my own opinion of what I like and don't like, and yet I have never gone around shitting on games that others like, belittling fans of those games.

Do you see me in the Halo 5, Fallout 4 threads acting like that?

23. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am sorry Dante but my help extends to only video games, specifically Star Wars Battlefront in this thread. You need to go and see a psychiatrist and they will help you out with your mental trauma. LOL.

I repeat I can help you with anything Star Wars Battlefront related in this thread. There are other threads for other video games too. You can post your queries in the relavent thread. Make sure you use @Taib so I get an alert. I will do my best to help you. For your trauma go and see a psychiatrist.

Wrong, again. I actually do not care whether you like or hate the game. It does not rub me the wrong or the right way. I do not care. People ask for opinions and I gave them and if they write something wrong I correct them. Refer to my earlier post addressed to Dante and you can see the narrative of my posts throughout this entire thread. The only people that seem to rub the wrong way is you and Dante since you take a single, throwaway remark not even addressed at anyone in particular in this thread, and then proceed to wear like a badge of honour instead of talking about the game constructively.. Childish in the extreme. LOL.

You are too kind but alas for a minute you were mistaken, again.

No I am not trying to put words in your mouth. You do not seem to comprehend what I wrote so let me put in simpler terms. Whether you like the game is irrelevent to everyone else. People rely on the consensus which is why aggregate sites like Metacritic are so popular. It is common sense. People take everyone's opinion into account not just one.

Good, then why are you arguing with me for? There is nothing stopping you from doing so. This is Star Wars Battlefront thread not the Star Wars Battlefront postivity thread. That means anything related Star Wars Battlefront goes in here, good and bad. In case you have not realised people were genuinely concerned about the quality of the game and whether it is worth a purchase. We are not talking tiddlywinks but a $60 game and a $50 season pass which the game brazenly displays. People have a right to know and be as much informed about the game as possible. People asked for information about the game, whether it was good or not and I was the only that gave it in an honest fashion. If anyone does not like it that is irrelevant. That is common sense. Seems to me you and Dante do not want anyone to write or post negative comments because you are insecure about your purchase which is telling.

Tell you what Dills, why not make a Star Wars Battlefront positivity thread where you and Dante and whoever else can post your postive stuff about the game. You know like a fantasy la-la land thread for the deluded. The rest of us can post here about the reality good and bad supported with facts about Star Wars Battlefront. Or you could play the game and just ignore what I write all together if you do not like it. You are not obliged to read or reply to it. It really can not be that hard can it?

24. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally got into this last night. Haven't found any notes to detail what the required installation upgrade (dare I call it a "day one" patch?) entailed, but I didn't search hard for it, either.

Was pleasantly surprised with the "mini" game to play while the game installs. Vader's emotes are pretty great.

Ran through the first tutorial mission, search & destroy the probe droids on Hoth, and four of the training missions (X-Wing, speeder bike, AT-ST, and Darth Vader). Controls feel tight, environments feel super detailed and authentic. Cannot wait to see what else this game has in store for me. If you don't feel completely immersed in the Star Wars universe while playing this game, then you're obviously a Trekkie.

25. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep us updated. Did you pay retail for the game? I have a hard time paying 60+ for the game with all the poor reviews around.